Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Color and Styling:|
|Color/Finish:||Blue/Clear, Satin Nickel|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.5|
|Package Contents:||1 Phillips|
|Included with Item:|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Lifetime Warranty|
|Materials & Finish:|
|Shank Material:||Alloy Steel|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman No 4 x 8 Screwdriver Phillips Is the Essential Hand Tool
The Craftsman No 4 x 8" screwdriver Phillips head offers a combined handle and blade length of 12-3/4" making it ideal for those hard-to-reach jobs. Its No. 4 size means the tip is large enough to handle Phillips screws that may be found when working on your car, truck, lawn tractor or other larger projects. The clear, chemical-resistant handle provides a comfortable grip while allowing for just the right amount of torque. The easy-grip handle makes it simple to maintain hand-positioning for multiple turns.
With a Lifetime Craftsman warranty, this Craftsman No 4 x 8 screwdriver Phillips has been designed to tackle the tough jobs a smaller screwdriver can't handle. The No. 4 Phillips-head screwdriver features an alloy-steel blade, which has been heat treated for uncompromising strength. Plated with a satin-nickel finish, the durable blade is corrosion resistant, perfect when working in a variety of environmental conditions.
- The Craftsman No 4 x 8" screwdriver Phillips head features a handle length of 4-3/4" plus a blade length of 8"
- Its #4 Phillips tip size fits perfectly into any #4-sized Phillips screw
- Weighing less than 0.5 pounds, this long screwdriver has the length and ability to get into hard-to-reach areas
- Alloy-steel blade has been heat treated to create a durable, strong screwdriver that is an essential tool for any garage toolbox
- Blade features a satin-nickel finish that offers protection against corrosion
- Clear, chemical-resistant handle constructed from butyrate is tough against chipping and cracking
- Made in the United States and guaranteed with a Craftsman Lifetime warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
It is not likely I will be grabbing this one any time soon but the fact that I needed a #3 a bit ago I figured why not treat myself to some toolbox candy and expand my kit.
unless you happen to be a semi tractor door latch specialist, BUT like so many cool tools, owning one when you need one makes you feel like a genius! Never again be frightened by Phillips head screws bigger than yourself! my only complaint is that a driver this size would be better with an ergonomic handle like the Professional series have.
Caught it on one of Sears AWESOME sales. Ive bought 2 different sets. This one wasnt in either. Had to have it. I have an old military truck with some rusted screws. Powers threw them.
San Fernando Valley, CA
Big, strong and ready for any job that has really big phillips screws. Sometimes, it is almost too big, as the long shaft tends to cut down on some of the torque applied. However, this screwdriver has come in handy numerous times. If this can't get the screws loose, it might be time for an impact driver. I have several of these in my tool boxes and have not been disappointed by them yet.
Big, strong and ready for any job that has really big phillips screws. Sometimes, it is almost too big, as the long shaft tends to cut down on some of the torque applied.
However, this screwdriver has come in handy numerous times. If this can't get the screws loose, it might be time for an impact driver.
I have several of these in my tool boxes and have not been disappointed by them yet.
I recently tried to replace a cracked phillips screw and found that I didn't own any phillips screw drivers with a large enough phillips head. I tried a couple of the large discount boxes and they only carried phillips head screw drivers to a size 3, not the #4 I needed. The boxes also did not sell them on their websites either. Sears did carry the size I needed on their website. I got the screw driver quickly and was able to complete my repair. The website eliminated what could have been more hours of trying to figure out why anyone would use a phillips screw with a #4 slot in their product.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.