Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Color and Styling:|
|Fits:||Fitted bit exclusively compatible on all Speed Start™ technology products|
|Product Accessory Type:||Line trimmer accessories|
|Assembly Required:||Fully Assembled|
Ratings & Reviews
Use this engine starter to put your trimmer in gear with the simple push of a button. This easy-to-operate starter engine is a perfect attachment to enhance your overall trimming needs.
- Push button starting with molded fitting
- Fitted bit exclusively compatible on all Speed Start™ technology products
- Safety feature where the Power Start clutches to the starting system to help prevent the unit from slipping or snapping back
- Plugs into any standard 3-prong outlet
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
bought this with craftsman 27cc curved shaft weed eater after attaching the edger after weed eating my yard the weed eater wouldn't start so hooked this "starter" up and still wouldn't start had to let weed eater rest for 10 minutes then it started on it's own.
Ormond Beach, FL
I had just re-hurt a shoulder that I have had surgury on so I needed help starting my Trimmer. It does work great! But I found that when I put edging head on that I have stalled and had to head back to where I had it pluged in to re-start. If I would have bought the battery pack unit I could carry it with me. It does work great!
I like this product for the first cold start when cutting the grass. It saves the multiple pulls usually needed to get it running at first. After this, I find it unnecessary and hard to use since I would have to return to its location every time a restart is needed. It is quicker just to pull and continue when in the middle of project. Maybe a version that uses a battery or it built into the actual product would be a better innovation.
This tool is an attachment used to start my gas-powered trimmer. I have always found trimmers difficult to start due to the choke activity involved and the fuel pre-load needed for starting. Now with this attachment, I no longer have to tire my arm by pulling the start cord. I just connect this tool to the start cord spindle, press a switch which spins the spindle continuously until the engine starts. Vey convenient.
Queen City, TX
Grand Blanc, MI
I recently purchased a weed eater for my exboyfriend. He told me, "it didn't come with a starter". LOL. Well what he meant was the electric starter, that on the box for the weed eater I got him said "starter capable". I purchased a weed eater, with an electric starter, for myself from Sears. It's a craftsman of course, the only company my father ever trusted growing up. One of the salesmen at Sears recommended a weed eater because I am height challenged, 5'2", and he knew I might have problems pulling the cord to get it started. Well, I'm happy to say I am very satisfied with the electric starter!!
Baxter Springs, KS
We purchased this item to supplement our new weed wacker. I have always had trouble with pull starters, and this is definitely the answer. I would highly recommend it. Plus, we've always had good luck with our craftsman tools and mowers.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 5% off Trimmers Sold by Sears. Discount reflected in price shown. Offer ends 25-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.