Specifications & Dimensions
|Color and Styling:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.05|
|Piece Count:||5 pc.|
|Included with Item:|
|Materials & Finish:|
Ratings & Reviews
Prolong the Life of Your Pliers with the Craftsman Plier Covers, 5-pc. Set
Designed to protect all pliers, Craftsman’s Plier Covers, 5-pc. Set fit directly over the pliers’ teeth to protect their delicate finish. The covers also eliminate the potential for marks, scratches and impressions in softer metals like chrome, bronze and wood. These covers will absorb contact, so even if you drop these pliers will remain safe from scratches and other imperfections. Additionally, the covers also prevent the strong teeth and round heads from damaging other tools and objects in your workspace. The flexible plastic covers will fit 1/2" arc-joint pliers and 3/4" slip-joint pliers.
Protect objects and tools in your workspace or toolbox while prolonging the life of your pliers with the Craftsman Plier Covers, 5-pc. Set.
- Craftsman’s Plier Covers, 5-pc. Set fit directly over your pliers’ teeth
- 5-pc. set – 10 total pieces
- Flexible plastic design
- Eliminate markings and scratches in softer metals like chrome and bronze, as well as impressions in wood
- Designed to fit 1/2" arc-joint and 3/4" slip-joint pliers
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
These Craftsman Plier Covers are only a few dollars so they are worth trying. They may fit your needs. They did not work for me. They generally slipped off when force was applied. In cases where they stayed on, a strong force applied to the pliers would still damage the work piece. These may be ok for very light duty jobs. Like I said, for a few bucks they are worth trying.
I was expecting these covers to be pretty thin, but they are actually quite sturdy. I do not expect them to last forever, but they are fine for the type of jobs that I will be using them for.
These covers are much easier to use than a rag or inner tube. They won't necessarily take the place of dedicated soft jaw pliers for heavy use, but they're much cheaper and lighter to throw in the toolbox.
I got these so I wouldn't scratch the equipment I was working on. They work great and fit perfectly on other Craftsman pliers, both angled and straight tools.
White Lake, MI
I have and am using these on other brands of pliers they work and form fit just fine . couldn't be happier. will be ordering more for spairs
These items are very useful as long as you don't grip really tight......... but for $2 it was worth the purchase. The teeth of the pliers break through the grips but still prevented me from scuffing the sink so they did their job.
Where have these been all my life? To date I've kept a piece of old bicycle inner tube in my toolbox for workpieces that would be marred by the pliers teeth, but I like these better because they stay in place on the pliers.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select Tools Sold by Sears! Valid until 4/27/2015 at 7am CST. Offer ends 26-Apr-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.