|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||L - 10.25" X W - 4.5" X H - 5.75"|
|General Warranty:||1 YEAR LIMITED|
|Pad Size:||1/4 Sheet|
|Vacuum Hole Design:||6|
|Included with Item:|
|Dust Bag Included:||Yes|
|Package Contents:||Sander, Dust Bag, Paper Punch|
|Speed Lock Control:||No|
|Aux. Handle Type:||No|
|Handle Type:||Ergonomic, Overmolded|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Cord Length (ft.):||8|
|Cord Management:||Manual Wrap|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||6|
|Sheet Size:||1/4 Sheet|
Ratings & Reviews
This sander from Craftsman is powered by a 2.4 amp single speed motor, producing 14,000 opm (no-load speed) for fast and smooth material removal. Featuring an ergonomically-designed overmold handle, this sander is comfortable to use, and its 100 percent ball bearing construction allows for smooth, efficient operation. Includes dust bag, paper punch, and an impact-resistant case.
- 1/4 in. sheet is easy-to-use in small spaces & for smaller projects
- Counter-balanced system reduces vibration for smooth operation
- Removable dust bag attaches to housing to provide a cleaner work surface
- 1-1/4 to 2-1/2 in. adapter allows you to attach a vacuum for faster material pickup
- Sandpaper clamp accepts both regular & adhesive-backed sandpaper
- Dust seal rocker switch prevents dust from clogging the switch
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I've had this palm sander for aboyt 6 months. I generally work on some kind of project every weekend. My sanders get a great deal of work.
This model has a much smoother feel that the other brand I use to have. I like the sealed switch. The sand paper retaining clamps seem sturdy and make paper replacement easy. The dust collection bag seems to work pretty well but I've not use it that much. I generally use my central vacuum system.
I hope you find this helpful - keep sanding!
Rock View, WV
The only issue I happened upon is the ?failure? of the power switch after approximately 40 hours of use. My unit suddenly stopped powering on in the middle of a project. I isolated the issue to the power switch. Sears Parts wanted $12 ($3 for the part and $8 shipping) for a new switch. That's insane, so no go there. Instead, I simply opened the switch and found a sawdust pile (or I suppose more accurately ?sander-dust pile?) roughly the size of a BB had accumulated in between the contacts inside the switch. This accumulation of sawdust prevented the tiny contacts from touching, thus not powering on the unit. I grabbed my handy can of compressed air, cleaned out the switch, reoriented the contacts, snapped the switch back together and bam! Good as new. Good sander. I was actually more impressed with its build quality after having opened it. It is just a shame that they did not opt for a sealed switch for $1 more to ensure a lifetime of trouble free use.
I bought this to replace my older model that I had for about 25 years. This model picks up a lot of the sawdust. You still have a small amount left on the project but nothing like my old one. I like the pro series as it holds up best for me.
Seems to work OK. Doesn't really get rid of sanding particles. Needs a better pick up particles system. I probably should connect it to a vacuum for better pick up.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Jan-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2014 See details.