|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||L - 10.25" X W - 5.0" X H - 6.25"|
|General Warranty:||1 YR LIMITED|
|Pad Size:||5 in.|
|Vacuum Hole Design:||8|
|Included with Item:|
|Dust Bag Included:||Yes|
|Package Contents:||Sander, Dust Bag|
|Speed Lock Control:||No|
|Aux. Handle Type:||No|
|Handle Type:||Ergonomic, Overmolded|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Cord Length (ft.):||8|
|Cord Management:||Manual Wrap|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||4.9|
|Pad Motion:||Random orbit|
Ratings & Reviews
This random orbit sander from Craftsman features a 3.0 amp variable speed motor, delivering 5,000 to 12,000 opm (no load speed), allowing you to adjust the sander's speed to the type of work you're doing. Includes long 8 ft. cord.
- Random Orbit Pad Spin allows for faster material removal & a smoother finish
- Variable Speed Dial allows for effortless speed adjusting for just the right finish
- 5 in. Hook & Loop Pad allows for quick sandpaper changes
- Ergonomically designed overmold handle provides comfort
- Counter Balance System reduces vibration for smoother operation
- Removable dust bag attaches to housing to provide a cleaner work surface
- 1-1/4 in. to 2-1/2 in. adapter allows you to attach a vacuum for faster material pick-up
- Accessible brushes enable easy brush change
- Sealed rocker switch prevents dust from clogging the switch
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
After using this sander my only complaint is the location of the speed adjustment. I am frequently "hitting" it by accident and changing the speed. Other then that I am happy with it. I knew it would be heavier then a air sander but I didn't like any that were local. It works great hooked up to my vacuum collecting most of the dust.
This is the second one of these sanders I have owned. The first one the transmission (want of a better description) broke in the sander and I could not find a part to fix it on the Parts Direct page (disappointment) they would repair it at the service center so I guess the part is available to the technicians. Believe the failure was due to how I was using the sander though. So after researching the available orbital sanders on the marked, in this price range, I again found the sears sander the best value.
everything was great with the sander until the dust collector fell off and continued to fall off during the use of the sander. The bracket that holds the collector comes loose during the operation of the product. Duct tape doesn't seem appropriate for a Craftsman tool but it worke
Santa Clara, CA
Nice orbital sander when it is working. A rubber seal behind the disc failed after limited use edging a floor. It burned up and seized the disc. I returned it within 30 days for a replacement. Hopefully this is not a design fault.
Best handheld sander I ever used. Not so heavy that it becomes uncomfortable to use. Dust collector works well...Don't forget to get the holes lined up on the sand disks. Works better that advertized.
I use this sander almost every day for a year. It does a great job on wood, drywall or floors. It collects 80-90% of wood dust and 55-60% of the dust if you work on a drywall. Should mention, that if you attach the sander to a shop vacuum you will have a dust-free work area. Very good balancing of the motor. Hands don't get fatigued after 2-3 hours at all. The reason for 4 stars is that after a year the plastic dust bag connection is a bit loose and there is a small dust leak. P.S. It would be good if Craftsman would supply some kind of bag or a box for the tool. I think that for Professional tool it is a necessary addition.
This sander is everything I hoped it would be. It powers through sanding jobs without shaking my hands off, the dust collector connects right up to my shop vac, and the 8 foot cord making moving around much easier than my other sanders do (5-6 ft cords on those). I don't really have any complaints about this sander. I'm 100% happy with it, though I was surprised they didn't at least include a freebie disc of sand paper in the box. Didn't matter since I already had some, but I figured I'd throw it out there so people would know what to expect.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.