Craftsman Professional 28102 20-volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Circular Saw with Laser Trac and LED Work LightItem# 00928102000 | Model# 28102
Specifications & Dimensions
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|General Warranty:||2 years|
|Aux. Handle Type:||D Grip|
|Handle Type:||Extension Ergonomic soft grip|
|Number of Handles:||2|
|Blade Size:||6-1/8 in.|
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||9|
Ratings & Reviews
A Craftsman Professional 7-1/4 in. Circular Saw with 20 volts of power. This full size circular saw weighs only 9.46 lbs. with the battery & blade. This saw features an electric brake & a high performance Craftsman Professional motor that delivers plenty of power to cut, rip, or plunge though soft & hard woods alike. With a heavy-duty, all metal machined gear box, the Craftsman Pro circular saw provides a smooth & efficient power transfer to the blade. The battery powered "On Demand" Laser Trac laser turns on with a flip of a switch & emits a thin red laser line onto the work surface as a guideline for cutting. Magnesium upper & lower blade guards add strength & reduce weight. To ensure a secure grip on the tool, ergonomic, extended grip "D" & "Palm" handles with soft-grip were added. Proper blade placement on the left side of the saw provides a clear sightline to the blade. Dual bulb LED work lights are featured to illuminate the work surface & the material being cut. The oversized, machined aluminum shoe has an integrated cross cut & ripping ruler for added convenience. For greater angled cuts, this saw has an extended bevel capacity of 50°. Blade adjustments are made simple with oversized locking levers & a push button spindle motor lock, allowing for quick, one wrench blade changes. The "On-Demand" battery powered Laser Trac laser is simple & easy to use. Mark a starting & ending point on the material being cut, engage the Laser Trac laser & follow the red guideline from start to finish.
This Craftsman Pro circular saw is powered by a 20V Lithium-Ion battery featuring SmartChip technology. SmartChip technology maximizes the efficiency & lifecycle of the battery by monitoring & controlling the battery's output. SmartChip is built into the battery system to protect the battery from over discharge, overcharge & overheating. An illuminated power bar displays the charge remaining. Battery sold separately. Catalog/Online Exclusive.
- "On-Demand" battery powered Laser Trac laser. Engage the laser and follow the red guideline from start to finish.
- Magnesium upper and lower blade guards add strength and reduce weight. The lower blade guard has an anti-snag tooth.
- Ergonomic, extended "D" and "Palm" grip handles with soft-grip ensure a secure grip.
- Oversized, machined aluminum shoe has integrated cross cut and ripping rulers for added convenience.
- Dual bulb LED work lights illuminate the work surface and the material being cut.
- Extended bevel capacity of 50 degrees for greater angled cuts.
- Oversized locking levers for quick blade adjustments.
- Push button spindle motor lock for quick, one wrench blade changes.
- 2-year Craftsman Professional warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 15, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
The Craftsman #28102 Circular Saw is light weight, and the Laser light is of great assistance to keeping the saw right on your cutting line. The LED light is also a must, especially in poorly lighted conditions.This saw is light weight, making it less tiring to us. I would highly recommend this saw to the professional as well as the home handyman
No spec is listed on the website or box for the RPM's of the saw. After reviewing the manual, you will discover the saw rotates at only 2500 RPM's. That's really bad for a cordless saw that is the professional series of the craftsman brand. Compared to other brands that are 3400 RPM and higher, this saw really falls behind the competition. However, the build quality is excellent.
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Very impressed with the power and quick charging ability of the lithium battery. Had to cut 1/8 inch off the edge of a door which the laser was very helpful for doing. The only reason I did not give it excellant is because like the previous reviewer I agree for short cuts you cannot see the blade and the laser, while it can help you start-is usually off the cut by the time the blade makes contact. Other than that I am impressed and satisfied.
Guys and Gals, I swear by craftman tools. They have never failed me. I will continue to purchase craftman tools, but it amazes me that a battery DOES NOT COME WITH THE SAW.
SAW PERFORMS REAL WELL. BLADE LOCATED ON LEFT SIDE OF FRAME MAY BE A DRAWBACK WHEN CUTTING SHORT PIECES. ALL THE SAW WEIGHT IS RESTING ON NOTHING. VIEWING OF SAW BLADE IS NOT THAT GOOD. THE HANDLE OF THE BLADE SHROUD BLOCKS THE VIEW OF THE BLADE.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Family & Friends Event! Extra 10% off Select Tools Sold by Sears! Valid thru 12/10/2013 9am. Offer ends 09-Dec-2013 See details.