Specifications & Dimensions
|Overall Dimensions:||L - 13.5-in X W - 8.0-in X D - 3.75-in|
|360 deg. Swivel Head:||No|
|Aux. Handle Type:||360 degree Adjustable|
|Built-In Bit Storage:||No|
|Chuck Key Type:||Keyed|
|Drill Chuck Quality:||Industrial grade|
|Hole Depth Control:||Adjustable depth stop rod|
|Individual, Kit or Set:||Individual|
|Maximum Torque (in-lb):||N/A|
|Number of Handles:||2|
|Number of Speeds:||Variable|
|Onboard Key Storage:||No|
|Overload Protection Type:||Double Insulated|
|Setup Requirements:||Light assembly may be required|
|Speed Lock Control:||Yes|
|Spindle Size:||1/2 in. -20NF|
|Included with Item:|
|Cord Length (ft.):||10|
|Cord Management:||Manual Wrap|
|Cord Type:||18 gauge|
|Bulb Wattage (Watts):||N/A|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Housing Material:||Die cast aluminum|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Chuck Size:||1/2 in.|
|Package Contents:||Hammer Drill, Auxilliary Handle, Depth Guage,Chuck Key|
Ratings & Reviews
8.0 amp Corded Hammer Drill Drives Through Any Material With Ease
Whether you're drilling through drywall or brick, the Craftsman Professional 1/2'' Hammer Drill should be your weapon of choice. This ½-inch drill features a powerful 8.0 amp motor can go from rotary to hammer drilling with a flip of a switch. An impact-resistant storage case protects your product and its accessories on the outside, while metal gear housing protects your drill on the inside.
With a variety of speeds to choose from, the 8.0 amp corded hammer drill can be perfectly matched to whatever material is being drilled, making it versatile enough to use on multiple jobs. This powerful workhorse is easy to hold onto and control for long periods of time, thanks to a soft-grip, adjustable auxiliary handle. A quick, effortless flip of a switch and your corded drill goes from forward to reverse mode, allowing easy exit and a chance to clear debris, and a manual spindle lock makes switching out chucks and bits a snap.
- The Craftsman Professional 1/2'' Hammer Drill takes care of all your hammer drill needs with one simple device
- A 10-foot cord gives you freedom to do a job far from an outlet
- The Craftsman kit comes complete with a depth stop rod, power cord and owner's manual
- Switch from rotary to hammer drilling with a single button.
- The powerful variable speed rotary is 0-2800 RPM; while the variable speed hammer drilling is 0-44800 BPM
- A 1/2 in. keyed steel chuck allows you to tighten bits quickly and securely
- A bright green LED light indicates when the drill is plugged into power source
- For continuous drilling applications, the Power Lock-On Button can be engaged
- This product comes with a Craftsman Manufacturer's Warranty
Added on May 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I used this drill three times!! The first time I used it was to mix up dry wall mud (No Problem). Then the next time I used it was to install shutter ( No problem with the brick). And Finally when I put it to the test of drilling a hole into concrete about 5 to 6 inches it burned up. Sear would not replace it. Plus the bit did keep slipping. I would not recommend the Not Very Professional Drill!!!!!!
Stafford Springs, CT
Fort Lauderdale, FL
This is by far the biggest piece of **** I have ever used.The first hole,got a little smoke. The second,third and fourth,a little more smoke.Stoppe using it and let it cool.Three holes later it is TOASTED!Plume of smoke,sizzling sounds,and a few sparks finished it off.I had to use my cordless 19.2v cordless to finish(which has crappy batteries that wont stay charged).Fixing to switch over to Bosch or Milwaukee.I will be verty surprised if Crapsman lets this get posted.Don't mean to be a Debby Downer but this drill is JUNK.
Pricey but better quality than the no pro version (which burnt up at hole number 14). I am not a "contractor" so I shouldn't have had to purchase the pro version- but that said it is very nice - but have only had for a week - time will tell.
Newport News, VA
This is the third drill that I have returned to Sears in two days. I started with the 7.5 amp professional hammer drill and moved up to the 8.0 professional hammer drill after the first two drills jamming on the trigger. After jamming, the drill would not stop and almost broke my leg after the bit got jammed and would not shut off. The chuck key design does not hold a bit. Here's a video to show the faults on the chuck. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_0np6SBwLA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Johnson City, NY
San Diego, CA
What a piece of junk! First time I tried to use it smoke came from the motor housing, power was very weak for a supposed 8 amps. Very disappointed but not surprised, I've never had luck with craftsman power tools.
Cedar Park, TX
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 15% off select tools Sold by Sears. Offer ends 06-Dec-2013 See details.
- Plus, members get $10 back in points with any tool purchase over $20, sold by Sears. Offer ends 07-Dec-2013 See details.