Craftsman Professional 28129 8.0 amp Corded 1/2'' Hammer DrillItem# 00928129000 | Model# 28129
Specifications & Dimensions
|Overall Dimensions:||L - 13.5-in X W - 8.0-in X D - 3.75-in|
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Chuck Size:||1/2 in.|
|360 deg. Swivel Head:||No|
|Aux. Handle Type:||360 degree Adjustable|
|Built-In Bit Storage:||No|
|Chuck Key Type:||Keyed|
|Drill Chuck Quality:||Industrial grade|
|Hole Depth Control:||Adjustable depth stop rod|
|Individual, Kit or Set:||Individual|
|Maximum Torque (in-lb):||N/A|
|Number of Handles:||2|
|Number of Speeds:||Variable|
|Onboard Key Storage:||No|
|Overload Protection Type:||Double Insulated|
|Setup Requirements:||Light assembly may be required|
|Speed Lock Control:||Yes|
|Spindle Size:||1/2 in. -20NF|
|Included with Item:|
|Cord Length (ft.):||10|
|Cord Management:||Manual Wrap|
|Cord Type:||18 gauge|
|Bulb Wattage (Watts):||N/A|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Housing Material:||Die cast aluminum|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
|Package Contents:||Hammer Drill, Auxilliary Handle, Depth Guage,Chuck Key|
Ratings & Reviews
8.0 amp Corded Hammer Drill Drives Through Any Material With Ease
Whether you're drilling through drywall or brick, the Craftsman Professional 1/2'' Hammer Drill should be your weapon of choice. This ½-inch drill features a powerful 8.0 amp motor can go from rotary to hammer drilling with a flip of a switch. An impact-resistant storage case protects your product and its accessories on the outside, while metal gear housing protects your drill on the inside.
With a variety of speeds to choose from, the 8.0 amp corded hammer drill can be perfectly matched to whatever material is being drilled, making it versatile enough to use on multiple jobs. This powerful workhorse is easy to hold onto and control for long periods of time, thanks to a soft-grip, adjustable auxiliary handle. A quick, effortless flip of a switch and your corded drill goes from forward to reverse mode, allowing easy exit and a chance to clear debris, and a manual spindle lock makes switching out chucks and bits a snap.
- The Craftsman Professional 1/2'' Hammer Drill takes care of all your hammer drill needs with one simple device
- A 10-foot cord gives you freedom to do a job far from an outlet
- The Craftsman kit comes complete with a depth stop rod, power cord and owner's manual
- Switch from rotary to hammer drilling with a single button.
- The powerful variable speed rotary is 0-2800 RPM; while the variable speed hammer drilling is 0-44800 BPM
- A 1/2 in. keyed steel chuck allows you to tighten bits quickly and securely
- A bright green LED light indicates when the drill is plugged into power source
- For continuous drilling applications, the Power Lock-On Button can be engaged
- This product comes with a Craftsman Manufacturer's Warranty
Added on May 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have been wanting this tool for quite some time & was finally able to purchase during the recent mega tool sale. My only regret is not purchasing it sooner. It is from the professional series lineup and looks and feels like it. It is well balanced and feels good in my hand unlike others I've tried that feel overly heavy and awkward. The trigger mechanism works smooth and the 8.0 amp motor is plenty powerful for the drill size. An added feature I wasn't expecting is the level indicator. This will only help when drilling at perfect 90 degree angles but will come in handy. The chuck work smoothly and so far has kept the bits in place without slipping. For the current sale price you can't beat this drill!
I have been wanting this professional series drill for quite some time & am glad that I finally have it. Even though it is a 1/2" hammer drill it is well balanced so it doesn't feel overly front heavy when holding it in your hand. The stop gauge is a nice feature that is not available in some other brands. The chuck is keyed but that is to be expected on a hammer drill due to the added torque needed to tighten the bits to keep them from slipping that you can't always achieve with a keyless chuck. It has an 8.0 amp motor that should provide plenty of power for masonry bolts that I use for installing Tapcons in concrete. The case has ample room for a few small bit cases that helps keep everything in one place. This is a bargain at the current sale price. My only regret is not getting it sooner!
Coto Laurel, PR
Oh men! this hammer/drill gets through everything, has amazing features, looks good, has a long cord, amazing case, the handle fits however you want it and stays perfectly in place for better support. This is a must have.
East Freetown, MA
We needed a drill for mounting wood shelving brackets on the wall in the basement. This means drilling into the cement foundation walls. This drill did a great job drilling into the cement like it was butter.
This worked great at 1/4" bit for easy masonry/brick/block jobs but so does my Makita cordless but push up to 1/2" the bit feels tight but it comes loose and stops spinning about 2 minutes in drilling into concrete
I alrady owned another brand impact drill, and it broked. I decided to buy this one cause it was the one i needed and craftman is a known brand, i am very happy with my purchase. It works great!
this my 3rd drill in 5 yrs I hope it last longer this time,,these drills don't like drilling in the hammer mode very much.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Great tool. Bought it to help drill through brick. Put it on the hammer setting and it went into the brick like butter. While some say that Craftsman's quality has gone down over the years, I have never had a problem with a craftsman product. Awesome product at a great price.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.