Specifications & Dimensions
|Handle Type:||Ergonomic Palm grip|
|Cord Length (ft.):||8 ft.|
|Collet Capacity:||1/4 in.|
|Adjustable Cutting Depth:||Yes|
|Depth Adjustment Control:||Rack and pinion system|
|Housing Material:||Die cast aluminum|
Ratings & Reviews
This Palm Router Delivers Accurate Cuts
The Craftsman professional fixed base palm router has 1.25 HP and a 6.5 amp permanently lubricated ball bearing motor with variable speed from 18,000 to 28,000 RPM so it cuts smooth and easy through soft woods, hard woods, veneers and plastics, alike. A spindle lock is located in the front of the router makes it easy to remove bits and collets with a single wrench, while equipped with soft start technology, it works to prevent router take-offs with every job.
Featuring clear sub-bases, combined with the built-in dual LED lights, this professional grade router enhances user visibility for dependable accuracy. The large oval base makes it convenient to transform from a palm router to full size while the built in steel rack and pinion delivers fast, accurate adjustments in 1/16 inch increments. Built tough and designed to deliver the performance you need for a job well done, add this multi base router to your tool kit, and get to work with Craftsman.
- Multi base router features a high performance 6.5 amp variable speed motor
- 18,000 to 28,000 RPM (no load speed)
- Soft start reduces take-offs
- Permanently lubricated 100% ball bearings
- Die-cast Aluminum motor housing and motor sleeve are lightweight yet provide strength
- Spring loaded spindle lock is located in the front of the router for easy removal of the router bit or router collet with the use of one wrench
- Steel rack and pinion system allows 1/16-in depth adjustments
- Positive cam locking buckle system secures the router bit at the desired height and prevents the router from self-adjusting during use
- Clear-view sub base accepts threaded router bushings, enhances visibility of the work piece and assists with dust extraction
- Dual LED work lights illuminate the work surface and the bit with an ambient light to enhance visibility
- Includes 1/4-in. collet allowing the use of 1/4-in bit shanks
- Ergonomically designed palm/barrel and joy stick handles with soft-grip provide a secure grip and absolute control over the router during use
- Large oval base makes it convenient to switch from palm router to a small full-sized router
- Clear, interchangeable sub-base
- Cold weather flexible 8ft SJ Cord
- Includes: Craftsman Professional Carrying case, how-to-guide, steel edge guide and operators manual
- Owner’s manual
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
The router is perfect for those small jobs like rounding edges of small wood-working projects. It is easy to handle and works well. The price makes the tool affordable.
These are great to use. Don't last long but compared to the other junk tools now available,this one doese the job. Just make sure to return it within 90 days and get a new one.
This *does* easily use 1/4" bits... not sure the problem with others but no problems here. Easy to adjust and change bits. Speed and soft start work as expected. Handle is good position and grip is solid. Multiple bases and attachments nice to have but haven't used other than the one that came installed. Nice long cord.
Stone Mountain, GA
I had to return this along with the bits because the router wouldn't accept the 1/4inch shanks. The router is advertised as being able to take 1/4inch shanks, but the store manager couldn't get the bits to go in the router either.
Staten Island, NY
Floyds Knobs, IN
I build custom cabinets and often that means laying up my own counter-top. This little Gem makes short work from trimming laminate material to size. The weight of this little router is ideal and it is very easy to use. Changing bits is easy and the variable speed control is convienent. I you need a precision router or laminate trimmer - I doubt you'll find a better one.
I build custom cabinets and often that means laying up my own counter-top. This little Gem makes short work from trimming laminate material to size. The weight of this little router is ideal and it is very easy to use. Changing bits is easy and the variable speed control is convienent.
I you need a precision router or laminate trimmer - I doubt you'll find a better one.
Lately I've noticed that Sears is selling some darn good power tools. This not-so-little trim router is one of them. I find myself using it all the time on my woodworking projects. It has a slow-start motor, which is a joy to use, and safe. The work lite is well positioned and handy. Bit changing is easy and the chuck holds the bit securely. The fine tuning depth knob works well enough for me and the clamp-down lever is plenty strong. What I like best is the low center of gravity. I can hold it at the bottom safely and push it through dados, edge routing, or whatever I want. It feels good in my hand. The guide is easy to attach and accurate to use. Now this next point is hard to explain, but this router seems to leave a little bit coarser dust, which settles to the floor quickly. Some of my routers fill the air with fine dust, making me run for my mask. Because my shop has a lot of Shop Vacs, which I task to different tools, it is not an overly dusty environment. This router just doesn't seem to throw quite as much dust up, which I appreciate. It does not have a dust collection attachment. Keeping in mind that this is a trim router. It is not designed for large bits, however, I find it is powerful enough to do dadoing and some edge treatments. It has taken its place among my Porter Cable routers. The manual is well enough written to be helpful.
I like the size and feel of this router, it's easy to handle. The adjustable speed control is nice and handy. The one thing that was a problem was the motor clamp. The nut that adjusts the spring tension vibrated lose, allowing the router to drop while in use. I'll either replace the nut or add a lock nut to it. I general I'm satisfied with it.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Family & Friends Event! Extra 10% off Select Tools Sold by Sears! Valid thru 12/10/2013 9am. Offer ends 09-Dec-2013 See details.