Specifications & Dimensions
|Handle Type:||Ergonomic Palm grip|
|Cord Length (ft.):||8 ft.|
|Collet Capacity:||1/4 in.|
|Adjustable Cutting Depth:||Yes|
|Depth Adjustment Control:||Rack and pinion system|
|Housing Material:||Die cast aluminum|
Ratings & Reviews
This Palm Router Delivers Accurate Cuts
The Craftsman professional fixed base palm router has 1.25 HP and a 6.5 amp permanently lubricated ball bearing motor with variable speed from 18,000 to 28,000 RPM so it cuts smooth and easy through soft woods, hard woods, veneers and plastics, alike. A spindle lock is located in the front of the router makes it easy to remove bits and collets with a single wrench, while equipped with soft start technology, it works to prevent router take-offs with every job.
Featuring clear sub-bases, combined with the built-in dual LED lights, this professional grade router enhances user visibility for dependable accuracy. The large oval base makes it convenient to transform from a palm router to full size while the built in steel rack and pinion delivers fast, accurate adjustments in 1/16 inch increments. Built tough and designed to deliver the performance you need for a job well done, add this multi base router to your tool kit, and get to work with Craftsman.
- Multi base router features a high performance 6.5 amp variable speed motor
- 18,000 to 28,000 RPM (no load speed)
- Soft start reduces take-offs
- Permanently lubricated 100% ball bearings
- Die-cast Aluminum motor housing and motor sleeve are lightweight yet provide strength
- Spring loaded spindle lock is located in the front of the router for easy removal of the router bit or router collet with the use of one wrench
- Steel rack and pinion system allows 1/16-in depth adjustments
- Positive cam locking buckle system secures the router bit at the desired height and prevents the router from self-adjusting during use
- Clear-view sub base accepts threaded router bushings, enhances visibility of the work piece and assists with dust extraction
- Dual LED work lights illuminate the work surface and the bit with an ambient light to enhance visibility
- Includes 1/4-in. collet allowing the use of 1/4-in bit shanks
- Ergonomically designed palm/barrel and joy stick handles with soft-grip provide a secure grip and absolute control over the router during use
- Large oval base makes it convenient to switch from palm router to a small full-sized router
- Clear, interchangeable sub-base
- Cold weather flexible 8ft SJ Cord
- Includes: Craftsman Professional Carrying case, how-to-guide, steel edge guide and operators manual
- Owner’s manual
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have owned a number of these palm routers and found this one to stand up there with all the others I have owned (Most have been big brand name units). This unit is very fairly priced for the unit you get.
Baton Rouge, LA
Spent a lot of time researching different offerings of compact/palm/trim routers and ultimately went with the Craftsman in large part because of points. Compared to other brands' offerings, the Craftsman was way too heavy and significantly bigger -- it felt way too close to my plunge router. Also didn't like the adjustment ****; fine adjustments weren't accurate enough. So back it went and I picked up an orange version instead.
I haven't had too much of an opportunity to use this yet, but it seems like a solid tool. I like the extra base which gives you a much better way to hold the tool for when you are doing a more involved project. This seems well reviewed on other sites as well.
Bought this to use on signs that I carve. It's mostly used with a profile bit. A 1/4" bit which fits fine. Not sure what others are complaining about. The one thing that I don't like is there is very little exhaust space for the dust. A little hard to see intricate carving when you're getting blinded and choked out. I could wear glasses and mask but the dust covers the carving. I plan on cutting a slot big enough to fit a small vacuum hose to suck out the dust. Kind of like my other routers with a vacuum connections. The two handles work good and comfortable. For what I do it does the job and has decent price.
Port Washington, NY
Had to trim some boards and create a nice decorative piece for my room. Very easy to use once you have everything set up to go. Speed is adjustable.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.