Specifications & Dimensions
|Handle Type:||Ergonomic Palm grip|
|Cord Length (ft.):||8 ft.|
|Collet Capacity:||1/4 in.|
|Adjustable Cutting Depth:||Yes|
|Depth Adjustment Control:||Rack and pinion system|
|Housing Material:||Die cast aluminum|
Ratings & Reviews
This Palm Router Delivers Accurate Cuts
The Craftsman professional fixed base palm router has 1.25 HP and a 6.5 amp permanently lubricated ball bearing motor with variable speed from 18,000 to 28,000 RPM so it cuts smooth and easy through soft woods, hard woods, veneers and plastics, alike. A spindle lock is located in the front of the router makes it easy to remove bits and collets with a single wrench, while equipped with soft start technology, it works to prevent router take-offs with every job.
Featuring clear sub-bases, combined with the built-in dual LED lights, this professional grade router enhances user visibility for dependable accuracy. The large oval base makes it convenient to transform from a palm router to full size while the built in steel rack and pinion delivers fast, accurate adjustments in 1/16 inch increments. Built tough and designed to deliver the performance you need for a job well done, add this multi base router to your tool kit, and get to work with Craftsman.
- Multi base router features a high performance 6.5 amp variable speed motor
- 18,000 to 28,000 RPM (no load speed)
- Soft start reduces take-offs
- Permanently lubricated 100% ball bearings
- Die-cast Aluminum motor housing and motor sleeve are lightweight yet provide strength
- Spring loaded spindle lock is located in the front of the router for easy removal of the router bit or router collet with the use of one wrench
- Steel rack and pinion system allows 1/16-in depth adjustments
- Positive cam locking buckle system secures the router bit at the desired height and prevents the router from self-adjusting during use
- Clear-view sub base accepts threaded router bushings, enhances visibility of the work piece and assists with dust extraction
- Dual LED work lights illuminate the work surface and the bit with an ambient light to enhance visibility
- Includes 1/4-in. collet allowing the use of 1/4-in bit shanks
- Ergonomically designed palm/barrel and joy stick handles with soft-grip provide a secure grip and absolute control over the router during use
- Large oval base makes it convenient to switch from palm router to a small full-sized router
- Clear, interchangeable sub-base
- Cold weather flexible 8ft SJ Cord
- Includes: Craftsman Professional Carrying case, how-to-guide, steel edge guide and operators manual
- Owner’s manual
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Got mine at a very good price on sale, but too bad, it does not fit 1/4" router bits like it says that it would.
Spent a lot of time researching different offerings of compact/palm/trim routers and ultimately went with the Craftsman in large part because of points. Compared to other brands' offerings, the Craftsman was way too heavy and significantly bigger -- it felt way too close to my plunge router. Also didn't like the adjustment ****; fine adjustments weren't accurate enough. So back it went and I picked up an orange version instead.
I haven't had too much of an opportunity to use this yet, but it seems like a solid tool. I like the extra base which gives you a much better way to hold the tool for when you are doing a more involved project. This seems well reviewed on other sites as well.
Bought this to use on signs that I carve. It's mostly used with a profile bit. A 1/4" bit which fits fine. Not sure what others are complaining about. The one thing that I don't like is there is very little exhaust space for the dust. A little hard to see intricate carving when you're getting blinded and choked out. I could wear glasses and mask but the dust covers the carving. I plan on cutting a slot big enough to fit a small vacuum hose to suck out the dust. Kind of like my other routers with a vacuum connections. The two handles work good and comfortable. For what I do it does the job and has decent price.
Port Washington, NY
Had to trim some boards and create a nice decorative piece for my room. Very easy to use once you have everything set up to go. Speed is adjustable.
The router is perfect for those small jobs like rounding edges of small wood-working projects. It is easy to handle and works well. The price makes the tool affordable.
These are great to use. Don't last long but compared to the other junk tools now available,this one doese the job. Just make sure to return it within 90 days and get a new one.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.