|Overall Dimensions:||2.748 x 5.63 x 4.724 in.|
|General Warranty:||90 Days Money Back Guarantee|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||7|
|Switch Type:||Slide Switch|
|Type:||4 to 9 in. Right Angle Grinder|
|Lock On Switch:||Yes|
|Speed Lock Control:||Yes|
|Handle Type:||Soft Grip|
|Disc Spindle Size:||5/8 in. - 11 TPI (threads per inch)|
|Disc Size:||4-1/2 in.|
|Housing Material:||Die Cast Aluminum|
|Assembly Required:||Fully Assembled|
|Package Contents:||Wrench, Grinding Wheel|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Angle Grinder Cuts Through the Competition
Complete grinding tasks with power and precision with this Craftsman Professional 4.5-inch small angle grinder from Sears. This versatile power tool is well-suited for tasks like cutting tile, mortars and pavers; it also can be used to cut or grind steel or even to sharpen other blades.
This Craftsman angle grinder is powerful enough to handle heavy-duty jobs, thanks to its impressive 8.6-amp motor, while 11,000 RPMs provide superior handling and control with use. The angle grinder features durable cast aluminum gear housing and has accurate gear alignment and operating efficiency that you can count on. When in use, an ergonomic paddle switch adds safety and easy of use to the tool; the switch can be engaged from multiple positions and shuts off when you release it. Also adding to your ease and control when operating the grinder is a two-position soft grip side handle that features rubber comfort grip to reduce vibration and mounts on either side to further promote control.
- This Craftsman Professional 4.5-inch small angle grinder includes a metal grinding wheel, spanner wrench and soft grip handle
- Powerful enough to handle heavy-duty jobs with an 8.6-amp motor, while 11,000 RPMs provide superior handling and control with use
- Long-lasting and durable heat-treated gearing
- Features cast aluminum gear housing
- Accurate gear alignment and operating efficiency
- An ergonomic paddle switch adds safety and easy of use; can be engaged from multiple positions and shuts off when you release the switch
- Features a quick-release grinder guard
- Two-position soft grip side handle features rubber comfort grip to reduce vibration; mounts on either side further promote control
- A spindle lock allows for easy accessory changes with a 5/8 11 spindle
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on June 15, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Elmwood Park, NJ
Compared this to my old Dewalt, this is substantially louder. It also is a very large body size so it's harder to grip and use the switch. Feels pretty solid though, and was very inexpensive, so for grunt work it's okay.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
I bought this tool for a friend getting married - it was on his gift registry. He was super psyched to receive it, and has used it for some woodworking jobs.
Oklahoma City, OK
If you need a powerful grinder at a good value this should fit the bill. The only issue I have with it is the switch being at the bottom, when you need to cut metal at various angles it becomes very awkward. Overall good value.
West Palm Beach, FL
I bought this because I had a gift card and it was on sale. I didn't really think I had much of a need for it. However, after having it a few weeks, I have found that it has come in handy. I have used it to grind down brackets and modify metal tools to fit better. I have been really happy with the performance, easy to use and powerful. I like the on/off switch, it's really big and doesn't come on unexpectedly...great design.
Beaver Dams, NY
This did a good job for what I needed it for. It wouldn't be great if you had a large job, but for random jobs around the house it is a good option for a grinder.
New Harmony, IN
I don't think you could buy a better tool at this price. Grinder has plenty of power and works great. Only thing I don't like is the guard is hard to move you have to remove screws in order to rotate it but would recommend.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 29-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.