Craftsman Professional 4 1/2 in. Small Angle GrinderItem# 00924544000 | Model# 24544
|Overall Dimensions:||2.748 x 5.63 x 4.724 in.|
|General Warranty:||90 Days Money Back Guarantee|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||7|
|Switch Type:||Slide Switch|
|Type:||4 to 9 in. Right Angle Grinder|
|Lock On Switch:||Yes|
|Speed Lock Control:||Yes|
|Handle Type:||Soft Grip|
|Disc Spindle Size:||5/8 in. - 11 TPI (threads per inch)|
|Disc Size:||4-1/2 in.|
|Housing Material:||Die Cast Aluminum|
|Assembly Required:||Fully Assembled|
|Package Contents:||Wrench, Grinding Wheel|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Angle Grinder Cuts Through the Competition
Complete grinding tasks with power and precision with this Craftsman Professional 4.5-inch small angle grinder from Sears. This versatile power tool is well-suited for tasks like cutting tile, mortars and pavers; it also can be used to cut or grind steel or even to sharpen other blades.
This Craftsman angle grinder is powerful enough to handle heavy-duty jobs, thanks to its impressive 8.6-amp motor, while 11,000 RPMs provide superior handling and control with use. The angle grinder features durable cast aluminum gear housing and has accurate gear alignment and operating efficiency that you can count on. When in use, an ergonomic paddle switch adds safety and easy of use to the tool; the switch can be engaged from multiple positions and shuts off when you release it. Also adding to your ease and control when operating the grinder is a two-position soft grip side handle that features rubber comfort grip to reduce vibration and mounts on either side to further promote control.
- This Craftsman Professional 4.5-inch small angle grinder includes a metal grinding wheel, spanner wrench and soft grip handle
- Powerful enough to handle heavy-duty jobs with an 8.6-amp motor, while 11,000 RPMs provide superior handling and control with use
- Long-lasting and durable heat-treated gearing
- Features cast aluminum gear housing
- Accurate gear alignment and operating efficiency
- An ergonomic paddle switch adds safety and easy of use; can be engaged from multiple positions and shuts off when you release the switch
- Features a quick-release grinder guard
- Two-position soft grip side handle features rubber comfort grip to reduce vibration; mounts on either side further promote control
- A spindle lock allows for easy accessory changes with a 5/8 11 spindle
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on June 15, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
This has turned into one of my most used tools. I've used it on tile, brick, metal, and concrete. I also threw a sanding disk on it and used it to strip a portion of floor. No complaints so far. Great power, handle provides good leverage and it's very easy to swap out wheels. I'd highly recommend this grinder and the price beats most other brands with similar features.
I ground down over a dozen metal studs in a concrete wall, and this angle grinder did the job well, in record time. Sparks and concrete dust fly, and the job is done quickly. Does not want to stall, like a cheaper units do.
Corpus Christi, TX
I bought this to make some modifications on an exhaust section, and it worked very well. It has good power and a quality feel. I try to buy Craftsman Professional Series products whenever I can as the products always seem to be tough and last a long time. So far this one seems to fall into that same category.
This is a great quality tool for the price. The cord is very thick and heavy duty. áThe only real complaint I have about this angle grinder is that I would have liked to see it with a three prong plug rather than just the two. Safety is so important when doing any sort of projects around the house and a different plug would have made it much safer. All in all though I'm very pleased that I chose this angle grinder and I will continue to shop at sears and buy craftsman tools because they really are the best!!
Elmwood Park, NJ
Compared this to my old Dewalt, this is substantially louder. It also is a very large body size so it's harder to grip and use the switch. Feels pretty solid though, and was very inexpensive, so for grunt work it's okay.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
I bought this tool for a friend getting married - it was on his gift registry. He was super psyched to receive it, and has used it for some woodworking jobs.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select Tools Sold by Sears! Reflected in price shown. Offer ends 26-Apr-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.