Craftsman Professional 80 Gallon 2 Stage Air CompressorItem# 00916578000 | Model# WV5048055
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||467|
|Air Outlet Size:||3/4 in.|
|Electrical Phase Type:||Single phase|
|Lubrication Type:||Oil lubricated|
|Electric Rating:||230 V 1 Phase|
|Number of Wheels:||0|
|Maximum Operating Pressure (psi.):||175|
|Motor Drive:||Belt driven|
|SCFM Delivery At 175 psi:||15.3|
|Compressor Tank Capacity (gal.):||80|
|Number of Pumps:||1|
|Pump Life (hrs.):||1500|
Ratings & Reviews
A Craftsman 80 gallon 2 stage air compressor for high performance
Craftsman 2 stage air compressor connects to multiple pneumatic tools as the driving force behind jobs well done. This powerful compressor’s 80 gallon reservoir delivers even pressure for hours, so whether you’re sandblasting brick or adding a pristine coat of gloss to a newly restored car, this machine will be there from start to finish.
Hardwired into your shop, this 80 gallon Craftsman 2 stage air compressor uses a powerful 5.0 horse power 2 stage induction motor to deliver a steady 15.3 SCFM at 175 pounds per square inch of pressure. With a capacity for serious work, this machine has the endurance to keep pneumatic tools big and small running for the entire project. Equipped with rapid cooling cast-iron cylinders, each lubricated by a smooth rolling oil pump, this machine is equipped and ready for any job. Set this powerhouse into your work area, wire it up and get to work.
- The Craftsman 80 gallon 2 stage air compressor has the capacity to power a multiple air tools at the same time
- Unique pump design provides a coller running pump for long life
- Deep grove directional cooling fins help keep pump cooler and last longer
- Newly redesigned piston for improved compression efficiency
- Thermal Overload Protection System (TOPS) protects the motor from voltage fluctuations and a magnetic starter is not required
- Powered by a heavy duty 5.0 RHP induction motor to keep this machine lubricated and running smooth for years
- 230 Volt single phase gives the power needed to get the job done
- Includes synthetic oil already at added
- Max PSI Tank Pressure: 175
- Tank pressure gauge and on/off switch gives you more control
- Warranty: 1 year limited
Added on August 01, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Overall Rating Breakdown:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
My experience comes with some disappointment as the first compressor I picked up at the store had a casting flaw at the base of the cast iron pump and it leaked oil. Even though I had never even hooked it up, I had to load it back up and take it back to the store and these units are heavy, ~470# (Note to self, buy the $69 delivery option next time). Sears was good enough to send out a repair technician and gave me the offer of replacing the pump or getting a whole new unit. Then after the technician told me it could be weeks before I got a new pump, I opted to take the unit back because I only had to wait a week before I could exchange it. Pros: 1 - The unit is well made with a really nice paint job and the wire cage around the flywheel is strong enough to use when moving the unit into position. 2 ? This unit performs better than expected. After following the 30 minute break-in, I drained the unit to fix minor leaks on the air outlet connections I installed and then timed the pressure cycle. This unit is rated at 15.3 SCFM at 175 which is middle of the pack for the 80 gal 2 stage compressors. I was impressed with ambient temperature of ~ 58 deg F that from 0 psig to 175 psig, the unit only took ~6 minutes and 15 sec. This equates to approximately 20 SCFM. From kick on pressure (~145) to kick off pressure, the unit takes ~1 min which equates to 21.5 SCFM. Quite frankly, I was not expecting that type of performance. 3 ? The unit comes with an on off switch and even some of the more expensive units do not include this feature which I consider a must have. 4 ? The unit was a good price. With sears discounts, cc savings deals and shop your way points, I was able to get this unit for almost 40%off the advertised $1299 price and that is by far the best deal I was able to find for a 2 stage 80 gallon compressor. Cons: 1 ? It does not come with ball valves on either the air outlet or the bottom drain. These are not expensive and are a must have. And, I installed easy to reach valves for each position. It does have a small drain valve on the bottom of the tank. But, come on Craftsman, no one wants to get on their knees and drain the tank after each day of use. 2 ? The warranty is only for 1 year; but, for ~$135 it can be extended to 5 years with maintenance included. (Considering the price, that is a reasonable deal.) 3 ? I have owned several compressors and this is the loudest by far. At 10?, it reads ~98 dB. The first time it turned it on; I thought a connecting rod lower bearing had failed. But, it seems to be working ok and it is just exceptionally loud. 4 ? My shop pad is ~6? thick where I have the compressor mounted and it is on vibration pads; but, this thing still vibrates the floor. 5 ? Pump Life is rated for 1500 hours and that is much lower than other professional grade 2 stage compressors. But, that should about equate to a life time based on my expected usage.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Buy any Tool, get 10% off Craftsman Workwear! Offer ends 20-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.