Specifications & Dimensions
|General Warranty:||90 day limited|
|Item Type:||Wheel weights|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||62.75|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Quantity in Set:||2|
Ratings & Reviews
Improve Traction and Performance with Tractor Wheel Weights
The QuikSecure wheel weights for tractors lower the center of gravity and help tractor tires get better traction. Get the best performance with your tractor by improving its handling and stability. The weights use the QuikSecure locking system for fast, easy and secure attachment. This universal mounting system fits Craftsman and most other major brands of riding mowers. Each set adds approximately 62 pounds to the tractor, which is ideal for heavy-duty jobs around the lawn — especially when coupled with other advanced lawn and garden tractor attachments. Chains are recommended when used with snow equipment (sold separately).
Craftsman tractor wheel weights include mounting hardware that lets you quickly add or remove the weights with no extra tools required after initial installation. The included tire pressure gauge helps you monitor the wheels. These heavy-duty wheel weights are designed for long-lasting, dependable performance. Backed by a 90-day limited warranty.
- QuikSecure wheel weights for tractors provide improved handling and more stable driving
- Wheel weights lower tractor's center of gravity, help tires get better traction and enhance overall performance
- Ideal for tractor applications where extra attachments are in regular use
- QuickSecure locking system makes attaching and detaching fast, easy and secure
- Universal mounting system fits Craftsman and most other major brands of riding mowers
- Set adds approximately 62 pounds to tractor
- Chains are recommended when used with snow equipment (sold separately)
- Includes two weights and mounting hardware — no extra tools required after initial installation
- Comes with tire pressure gauge for easy monitoring
- Some assembly required
- Backed by a 90-day limited warranty
Added on June 15, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
the weights installed on a cub cadet LT-1042 with a slight adjustment in the mounting stud alignment. improvement in traction and stability on hills was significant.
Was having traction problems in my yard while mowing. My yard has some mild banks and is not very level. Once I added the weights to the wheels the traction greatly improved. Adding the weights was very easy. The wheels on my Craftsman mower came with holes for the mounting shafts. Took me about twenty minutes to install the shafts. Once the shafts are installed the weight mount over the shafts and screw into the shaft. The screw part has a toggle end that makes it easy to screw in and once it is tight the toggle flips over onto the weight. Done deal and ready to use!! Recommend to anyone who is having traction problems. Also lowers the center of gravity and makes it less likely to turn over.
Needed to add weight to lawn tractor for better traction on slopes. I've only had them for about a week but so far they do make a difference. Were fairly easy to install and seem to be on nice and tight. I wish the tire valve stem was not blocked. The air pressure gauge that came with it is a piece of junk, does not work. Threw it in the trash.
These weights solve the problem of bad center of gravity when you have a front-loaded snow blower. You still need chains anyway. Even with weights and chains, you will get stuck in the snow until you get used to driving under various conditions. Installation was pretty easy, even on the ground; but I recommend you use ramps if you have them. Ramps aren't cost-effective unless you do lots of tractor maintenance. Once you get the quick-connect bolts on, the levers work fine and just screw in (two per wheel) to secure the weights. Be careful and observant while operating the tractor to check the quick-connects and tighten them, because you will lose them in the snow. Use protective oil coating after the winter to keep the bolts rust-free. Store the quick-connects with the weights, unless you want to lose them in the grass in the summer.
I went two years without weights on the tires just chains. I figured that since I weighed 275 lbs that I didn?t need any more weight. I was sure wrong, I put on these weights and there?s no comparison to the traction I have now. They are well worth the money and wish I?d done it two years ago.
Cherokee Village, AR
The weights look GREAT , But you have to remove them to air up the tires and the Cam Locks are USELESS and the weights come loose.. BUT and again Its a BUT if you are at all handy with tools yoy Can deflate and break down the insde of the tire and drill ahole in the rim and INSTALL another Tire Valve . I used the bolt on type that uses the smaller hole for less drilling. ALSO I replace the useless cam bolts with regular bolts and leave the weights in place now that i can add air from the insade of the tire. Be sure you get the correct wights for your wheel size and you will love them
Good instructions. Instillation was easy enough for a novice to do. The weights worked great giving the tractor the extra traction it needed for our steep hill side.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 30-May-2015 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off Tractor Attachments items sold by Sears. Reflected in price shown. Offer ends 02-May-2015 See details.
- Members get $10 back in points on a qualifying purchase of $75 or more. Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 18-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.