Specifications & Dimensions
|Diagnostic Tool Type:||Scan Tools|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||1 year|
Ratings & Reviews
Fix Your Car Easily using the Scan Tool CanOBD2 from Craftsman
Expertly designed, the Craftsman Professional Scan Tool is an advanced scan tool that helps you diagnose any issues with your car in minutes. It's a must-have for professional mechanics and auto workshops as you can scan any car, light truck or SUV within minutes and estimate costs immediately. The OBD2 tool is compatible with all cars manufactured after 1996 and works wonderfully well on domestic models as well as Asian and European imports. It's also a great choice for car owners to diagnose the problem when the Check Engine light goes on.
The Scan Tool CanOBD2 from Craftsman is easy to use with its back-lit screen and LED display. You can easily evaluate the State Emissions readiness check and drive cycle verification with this tool. It also has access to online Repair Solutions which gives trouble code definitions, a full diagnostic report, probable causes, repair costs and more information. Identify car problems and fix them immediately with this scan tool.
- The Craftsman Professional Scan Tool reads OEM Enhanced, Transmission DTCs and OBD2 DTCs
- Compatible with all OBD2 protocols like the C.A.N., ISO 9141, J1850PWM, J1850VPW, KWP 2000 ISO 14230-4
- It's easier to work on imports as the tool has Spanish and French Interface & Definitions which can be selected through menu command
- Data from your car's PCM can be viewed, recorded or played back live with the tool to diagnose problems quickly
- Displays real time freeze frame data which is great for finding out what went wrong with your car when the check engine light went on
- OBD-PC Link software is included and can be used to update the tool
- Battery backup for off-car analysis
- One year limited warranty from Craftsman
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 01, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
this tool is outstanding,i have never used one of these scanners before the craftsman obd 2 code scanner was very easy to use,it even has help guilds what I love about the tool is it tells where the problem is,it has suggestions on how to fix the problem area.also I liked it turns of check engine light by erasing codes,it also tells you if problem area is fixed,it also does a whole lot more,,,,i am very satisfied,i would recommend this to pros and also to people like me that that once to fix his own car
I used it to reset a check engine light on a few vehicles. So far it has been helpful. Will do a little more testing on it later on this week. Seems decent for the price for general use. I see a carrying bag shown in the picture. Mine didn't come with one. Not sure what that is about. I will update my review in a few more days.
Perfect tool for any automotive enthusiast. What you are getting is the OBD2 reader that reads all the check engine light codes. This one doesn?t read ABS or SRS codes ? but that?s alright since I don?t have any American made cars ? and the support for it is very limited, even for the cars that it can read. The Craftsman 20890 can pull LIVE DATA from the car. This is the exact same model as INNOVA 3130 scan tool and that goes for $180 on a***** dot com, $326 retail direct from INNOVA. Got mine on sale + 5% off Craftsman tools using Sears charge card. Not a bad deal for looking up codes.
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
i bought a used jeep with many miles ,scanner let me know if any codes or problems before i bought it. however cd disc with scanner works only with windows pc. won't work on a mac. for help and support from web site.
Fort Worth, TX
The online description of its capabilities does it no justice. So far it has provided every parameter needed to resolve issues. It connects to my PC with a USB cord. Worth every penny. As for the negative reviews: this tool is only as good as the user operating it. If you're not a mechanic with an understanding of fuel and computer controlled systems, dont go buy this and expect it to magically fix your car problems on its own.
El Paso, TX
My check engine light had been on for a while. Inspection time was coming up and I decided to find out what was wrong. Turned out to be a bad O2 sensor. Found a good price on a pair of sensors, swapped them out myself and passed inspection. The scanner paid for itself the first time around.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.