Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||5 in.|
|Color and Styling:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.1|
|Package Contents:||1 Scratch Awl|
|Included with Item:|
|Handle Length (in.):||2|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Lifetime Warranty|
|Materials & Finish:|
Ratings & Reviews
Every Home or Shop Needs a Craftsman Awl
Professionals and hobbyists will appreciate the many facets of this Craftsman scratch awl. Whether you are working on wood, plastic or metal, this awl will make the marks and indentations you need to complete your job. The heat-treated alloy-steel blade is satin-nickel plated to create a finish that will resist rust and corrosion for many years of use. The butyrate handle is made to be chemical resistant for longer wear and designed to offer you a secure grip while also being comfortable to handle which is important for long or tedious projects.
This handy Craftsman awl is the right size for intricate projects with an assembled height of 5 ½ inches. The two-inch handle fits comfortably in your hands so you can get a good grip on this tool when you need precision and accuracy. The 3 ½" shaft gives you the length you need for projects that require heavy marking or for areas that may be hard to reach with a shorter shaft.
- This Craftsman scratch awl is a versatile tool that has many uses beyond material marking and grooving
- Comes to a sharp point for jobs that require heavy marking
- Comes with a chemical-resistant butyrate handle to give you a secure and comfortable grip
- Fitted with an alloy-steel blade which has been heat treated to give you the strength you need
- The blade is plated with a satin-nickel finish to keep this tool functioning at its best and to avoid corrosion
- The handle is labeled for your convenience
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Las Cruces, NM
Got this bugger mostly for poking things in small places rather than leaving marks so I can not comment on how sharp it stays. However it is fantastic for getting gunk out of tiny cracks and crevices.
This is a Very Nice little Scratch Awl , Great Quality !! I have used it several times since I purchased it and I have had no problems . I would recommend this Scratch Awl .
You can never have too many scratch awls, and this Craftsman item is my favorite - it has a nice taper over a longer section of the shaft than a lot of awls.
Have been very happy with these screwdrivers and the scratch awl works well also. I do wish the tip was made of a harder steel however it is reasonable for what it costs.
Granada Hills, CA
Love this little tool. I got it pretty much for free. Is durable, precise and resistant.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product. The reviewer indicated they received a sample of this product.
Redwood City, CA
This is one of those tools that you don't keep in mind until the day you need it and is missing from your toolbox. It feels of good quality and does the job. Price was right and I hope not to lose it because it's not big.
Bought this item based on the reviews online and so far it's worked well. The steel is exceptionally hard and it leaves a clean mark in the surface. Try using soft faced hammers so the handle tip doesn't get deformed or damaged.
This is a perfectly acceptable awl for most purposes. It has a well affixed handle and a sharp, evenly ground point. The handle is designed to match other Craftsman hand tools. This is probably its biggest failing. While this makes for an attractive display among other tools, it might not be the best design for comfortable use in the palm or to prevent rolling.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.