Specifications & Dimensions
|Color and Styling:|
|Accessory Type:||Shear Pins|
|Package Contents:||4 Shear Pins and 4 Cotter Pins|
|Quantity in Set:||4|
Ratings & Reviews
Save Your Machine with The Right Snowblower Pins
It's happened before, your snow blower is humming along, cleaning-up winter's mess, throwing arcs of snow from your driveway, when all of the sudden the auger stops in mid-turn. The engine is still going full bore, but the auger is frozen in place. The stress that the engine exerts on the gearbox as it revs is about to start causing damage when SNAP, the snowblower pins holding the auger to the engine driven shaft break, the stress on the gear-box is released and engine settles into a smooth purr again.
From rocks, to snow-covered newspapers, to balls and toys, there are a lot of things that may be lurking under the cloak of freshly fallen snow, things that will choke-up your snow blower, potentially stripping cogs, splitting gear boxes and costing you hundreds of dollars in repairs. That's why it's important to always have a few spare shear pins on hand, and never replace a broken shear pin with a regular bolt, even as a temporary fix, just don’t do it.
Designed to break under the PSI specific to each machine, the Craftsman snow blower pins are designed to help your snow blower last for decades while saving you hundreds in costly repairs. Made to fit easily in the pre-drilled auger and shaft, these shear pins drop in with ease and with a cotter pin fastener, you don't need to lug around tools to replace them. Just throw a couple in your pocket before you head out to blast that driveway clean, and know that no matter what lurks under the snow, you've got it covered.
• For use with Craftsman® two-stage snow blower models: 88190, 88355, 88370, 88455, 88555, 88690, 88700.1, 88755, 88790, 88955, 88970, 88999
• Properly engineered breaking points protect valuable machinery from damage
• 4 Shear pins are easy to install
• 4 Cotter pins mean easy, tool-free assembly
• Assembly: Some assembly required
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
West Roxbury, MA
Needed these for my new craftsman snow thrower. Would recommend anybody to purchase at least one set when purchasing a machine. Always good to have extras as it easy to snap these if something gets caught up in the augers.
I snapped couple shear pins after catching cord that was left outside night before. These look as the original factory shear pins and fit pro-form well. Cons: Hard to find in store mainly sold out in the winter months.
South Portland, ME
If you've snapped off few shear pin's these will work very well same as the originals. It seems they are hard to come by in the winter months and fly off the shelfs at the first sign of snow. I highly suggest buying two packages and planning ahead.
This product solved my problem very easily. I thought I might have a big problem but these shear pins were very easy to install and get my machine running again in time for the next snowstorm.
Spring Hill, KS
When your snow blower comes with extra shear pins you know before you even start the machine that your gonna need them. Might as well get extra while on sale
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 30-May-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Members get $10 back in points on a qualifying purchase of $75 or more. Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 18-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.