Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||4 W x 1.50 D x 14.50 H in.|
|General Warranty:||Craftsman One Year Warranty|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.50|
|Package Contents:||Soldering Iron, Stand|
|Included with Item:|
|Maximum Wattage:||30 Watts|
|Solder Gun/Iron Tip Material:||Nickel-plated steel|
Ratings & Reviews
Achieve Pinpoint Accuracy and Quick Heat with the Craftsman 30-watt Soldering Iron
Soldering irons are often used for electrical projects that require extreme precision. The 30-watt soldering iron eatures a fine-point tip that allows you to work in small spaces and repair wiring connections on a wide variety of electrical equipment, such as lawn power equipment and small household items.
The Craftsman 30-watt soldering iron connection yields a quick heat-up time, allowing you to get to work fast. Every soldering iron should be accompanied by a quality tin of flux so you can properly burn the solder without damaging the tip.
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Du Bois, PA
This soldering iron was an attractive option due to its low price. The first time I used it I thought that I hit the jackpot. It was great! The second time I used it it didn't work. I thought it might be the tip so I tried to change it and it broke. The Weller WLC100 is a superior option.
The iron was perfect for the small job we need to fix, The heating was fast and the iron was easy to use, we used it to fix a wire on my window defroster in my car.
This is a very good soldering iron for the price. An excellent product for the occasional user, but I cannot comment on it for high frequency use, and would suggest one of the higher end Craftsman models in such a case.
Like all soldering iron, it does take some time to heat up. You could go with a soldering gun but that does a pretty rough job on some of those electronics where this is more accurate.
Heats fairly quick and gets good and hot even for medium size jobs, tips are horrible and melt like butter. I have been soldering for 25 years and know how to care for a solder iron, pre tinning tips and keeping them clean. The tips will get holes then litterally melt off after a few short uses.
Garnet Valley, PA
This is a great tool for your home to fix electronic stuff at home. It takes around 2 minutes to heat up but works great then. the only issue I can tell is it is a little bit long and it makes you feel a bit uncomfortable when working on precise projects.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select Tools Sold by Sears! Valid until 4/27/2015 at 7am CST. Offer ends 26-Apr-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.