Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman 1 1/2 inch deep stud finder 49600 features advanced technologies to quickly and accurately locate objects behind walls, floors, and ceilings. The easy-to-read display screen indicates direction, edge, and center of stud; the signal strength indicator distinguishes between shallow and deep targets.
- Find the center of wood or metal studs or joists up to 1 1/2 inch (38mm) deep
- WireWarning® detection indicates the presence of hot electrical wiring
- Patented SpotLite® Pointing System indicates stud center
- 9V battery included
- Sensing depth and accuracy can vary due to moisture, content of materials, wall texture, and paint.
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 25, 2011
Overall, others give this:
This stud finder is a bit more pricey but works like a champ. I bought a stud finder from the same company but was a cheaper model and didn't work at all in my house. The walls in my house are made from a plaster compound that is denser than dry wall, making it difficult for most tools to work in/on my walls. But this stud finder does the job without any issues.
This measuring tool was easy to use. We needed something to measure the plastic wrap that helps insulate windows. THe tool made the job much easier. Recommended!
You hear so many stories about these things not working, but this one did on my 1/2" drywall at least. Straight forward operation and it finds the center, although I cannot confirm nor deny if it is the true center or not
bought this for around the house and i have used it a few times,easy to use works on plaster walls to not to pricey and i think i will never have to buy one again.
The reviewer indicated they received a sample of this product.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Aug-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.