Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.375|
|Measuring Tool Accuracy:||Up to a scan depth of 38 mm, typically within 6 mm for center|
|Measuring Tool Range:||1.5 inches|
|Measuring Tool Scale Type:||Metric/standard|
|Number of Batteries Included:||1|
|Number of Batteries Required:||1|
Ratings & Reviews
Get to the Foundation with the Craftsman Stud Finder
The Craftsman Stud Finder helps you quickly and accurately locate objects behind walls, floors and ceilings, and it also features advanced technologies like WireWarning and SpotLite. WireWarning detection alerts you when a hot electrical wire is present, significantly reducing the chance of electrocution. The patented SpotLite Pointing System indicates the center of the stud for the strongest hold. Whether you’re hanging a picture frame or mounting cabinets, this tool keeps you safe and identifies the best area to drill. The easy-to-read display screen indicates direction, edge and center of the stud while the signal strength indicator distinguishes between shallow and deep targets.
The Craftsman Stud Finder includes a 9V battery so you can use it directly out of the box to find the center of wood or metal studs, as well as joists up to 1-1/2" deep.
- Find studs up to 1-1/2" deep with Stud Finder
- Finds wood or metal studs or joists
- Easy-to-read display screen
- WireWarning® and SpotLite® Pointing System technology keeps you safe and indicates the stud’s center
- Signal strength indicator distinguishes between shallow and deep targets
- Sensing depth and accuracy can vary due to moisture, content of materials, wall texture and paint
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 25, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Crystal Lake, IL
This is my 4th purchase of a tool like this in 23 years. It seems if it is built to last it may actually be the last purchase of a tool like this. If you have a lot of things your attaching to walls I would pony up the cash to get one. It will save you time and a couple of headaches.
I got this on sale, which made it cheaper than the Zircon StudSensor i65, which is equivalent. It works well on the walls of my house. One trick mentioned in the manual is to use slide it on some paper on textured walls. That made a huge difference in performance.
I have only used this tool to find studs, but it seems to do that job well. That is more than I can say for several other models of stud finders I have purchased in the past.
This is the second stud finder I have owned. The first one I bought was cheap and did not work. I returned it. This one is worth every penny. I used it for multiple projects including effortlessly wall mounting a tv in my kitchen. This is a must have in every tool box!
this is the third stud finder I've had. I l0st one and one worked so poorly I threw it away. Works great. I used it in a pre fab home where the walls are at least 5/8 sheetrock and it found the studs, rafters and electric lines without error . A little more expensive than the garbage I previously bought but you get what you pay for
This stud finder is a bit more pricey but works like a champ. I bought a stud finder from the same company but was a cheaper model and didn't work at all in my house. The walls in my house are made from a plaster compound that is denser than dry wall, making it difficult for most tools to work in/on my walls. But this stud finder does the job without any issues.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get 15% off Craftsman or DieHard work boots with online tool purchase. Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.