Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.375|
|Measuring Tool Accuracy:||Up to a scan depth of 38 mm, typically within 6 mm for center|
|Measuring Tool Range:||1.5 inches|
|Measuring Tool Scale Type:||Metric/standard|
|Number of Batteries Included:||1|
|Number of Batteries Required:||1|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman 1 1/2 inch deep stud finder 49600 features advanced technologies to quickly and accurately locate objects behind walls, floors, and ceilings. The easy-to-read display screen indicates direction, edge, and center of stud; the signal strength indicator distinguishes between shallow and deep targets.
- Find the center of wood or metal studs or joists up to 1 1/2 inch (38mm) deep
- WireWarning® detection indicates the presence of hot electrical wiring
- Patented SpotLite® Pointing System indicates stud center
- 9V battery included
- Sensing depth and accuracy can vary due to moisture, content of materials, wall texture, and paint.
Overall, others give this:
this is the third stud finder I've had. I l0st one and one worked so poorly I threw it away. Works great. I used it in a pre fab home where the walls are at least 5/8 sheetrock and it found the studs, rafters and electric lines without error . A little more expensive than the garbage I previously bought but you get what you pay for
This stud finder is a bit more pricey but works like a champ. I bought a stud finder from the same company but was a cheaper model and didn't work at all in my house. The walls in my house are made from a plaster compound that is denser than dry wall, making it difficult for most tools to work in/on my walls. But this stud finder does the job without any issues.
This measuring tool was easy to use. We needed something to measure the plastic wrap that helps insulate windows. THe tool made the job much easier. Recommended!
You hear so many stories about these things not working, but this one did on my 1/2" drywall at least. Straight forward operation and it finds the center, although I cannot confirm nor deny if it is the true center or not
bought this for around the house and i have used it a few times,easy to use works on plaster walls to not to pricey and i think i will never have to buy one again.
The reviewer indicated they received a sample of this product.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Aug-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra Savings on select tools Sold by Sears! Offer ends 23-Aug-2014 See details.
- Get $10 back in points when placing a tool order online for $99 and choosing free store pick up. Offer ends 23-Aug-2014 See details.