Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.25 lbs.|
|Maximum Scan Depth (in.):||0.75|
|Measuring Tool Display Type:||LED|
Ratings & Reviews
Stud finder efficiently locates the edges of wood and metal studs and joists through drywall and other common interior surfaces up to 3/4 in. deep. SpotLite® Pointing System shines a bright beam of light over stud edges.
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
While not the top of the line, this Stud Finder does exactly what it is supposed to do. It allows you to locate the beginning of the stud to the end of the stud. Sometimes calibration is off, making it an annoying process.
First of all the instruction sheet is not well written and I believe the unit itself is defective. It does not show any activity when I try using it. When I push the on switch it does not respond as the instruction sheet says it will do. I plan to return it, Luther Stephens
Summerland Key, FL
This stud finder helped me locate studs to hand shelves and a tv mount. The directions say to move it one way until you reach the edge of the stud and then start over and move the finder on the other side to locate the edge of the stud. When you get both points located the stud is between the marks from either side. It took me a few times to get used to using this tool and after reading the directions on back it made it understandable.
I had a quick project I needed a stud finder for, and almost paid a little more for the next one up that measured a little deeper. For the price, though, this one worked well. It was accurate enough, just make sure you check and recheck a couple times before you start your work.
I had to return this item because it would not calibrate correctly and would not indicate a stud when I knew for certain I was at a stud. (I could actually see the stud but the stud finder could not find it.) I have quite a few Craftsman tools but I choose not to try this one again. I need a tool to work correctly when I have a job to do.
I bought this from the local Sear store. It worked well for a few times and ran out of charge. I tried to change batteries, but it took me a while to open the cover for battery. I wish it could be designed better.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 26-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.