Specifications & Dimensions
|Detects:||Hot electrical wire|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.45 lbs.|
|Maximum Scan Depth (in.):||1.5|
|Number Of Detection Modes:||2|
Ratings & Reviews
Stud Finder With SpotLite Pointer Helps With Your Hang-Ups
The Craftsman stud finder with SpotLite pointer lets you hang mirrors without mangling walls and mount shelves without fear of collapse. By accurately locating studs and joists, this stud finder eliminates the guesswork and lets you tackle any project with confidence. While thumping on the wall might work for those with super experienced ears, most people will appreciate the accuracy of this lightweight device that's easy to use
The stud finder with SpotLite pointer has two modes, stud scan and a deep scan, that can probe an inch and a half deep into most common interior materials. A wire warning alerts on live electrical current in both modes.
- Whether you need towel bars in a new home or want to put up shelves in the bedroom, the Craftsman stud finder with SpotLite pointer lets you do the job without wrecking the walls
- By honing in on stud and joist locations, this device ensures that paintings, TVs and more have the support to stay in place
- A DeepScan mode goes an inch and a half deep, through most common wall and flooring surfaces
- The stud finder calibrates automatically
- The SpotLite pointer system finds the stud's center and shines a beam to its edges, visually alerting you to the safety zone
- The stud finder also automatically scans for hot AC voltage
- Weighs .45 pounds
- Model number 60573
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I tried this on my walls. It seems to be very easy to use. I will be moving soon and want to be able to identify studs for hanging purposes. I am anticipating an easy time hanging shelves and art on my new walls.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
East Brunswick, NJ
The product seems to work ok, but because it does so many things, it can be confusing to use. We had to read the directions several times to figure out the way to find a stud. Supposed to be able to locate pipes and electrical wires, but it is hard to tell if you are locating pipes or studs. You also have to be sure you do not start on a stud or it will throw off the calculations.
I received this scanner as a gift. I have used it a few times already and it works great. Finds the stud every time. I had used a different one before but this is a major improvement. Another great tool from craftsman!
Our son just bought a condo, and he had lots of pictures to hang. To be sure he gets them securely and safely hung, we got him this stud finder.
Walnut Creek, CA
Needed this for a desk building project and ordered it for store pick up. It was quickly available when I went to the store and even came with the battery installed. does as described and with any stud finder, i would suggest a little patience when using moving the tool to find studs. The LED light is nice to have to make your marks.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Aug-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.