Specifications & Dimensions
|Detects:||Hot electrical wire|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.45 lbs.|
|Maximum Scan Depth (in.):||1.5|
|Number Of Detection Modes:||2|
Ratings & Reviews
Stud Finder With SpotLite Pointer Helps With Your Hang-Ups
The Craftsman stud finder with SpotLite pointer lets you hang mirrors without mangling walls and mount shelves without fear of collapse. By accurately locating studs and joists, this stud finder eliminates the guesswork and lets you tackle any project with confidence. While thumping on the wall might work for those with super experienced ears, most people will appreciate the accuracy of this lightweight device that's easy to use
The stud finder with SpotLite pointer has two modes, stud scan and a deep scan, that can probe an inch and a half deep into most common interior materials. A wire warning alerts on live electrical current in both modes.
- Whether you need towel bars in a new home or want to put up shelves in the bedroom, the Craftsman stud finder with SpotLite pointer lets you do the job without wrecking the walls
- By honing in on stud and joist locations, this device ensures that paintings, TVs and more have the support to stay in place
- A DeepScan mode goes an inch and a half deep, through most common wall and flooring surfaces
- The stud finder calibrates automatically
- The SpotLite pointer system finds the stud's center and shines a beam to its edges, visually alerting you to the safety zone
- The stud finder also automatically scans for hot AC voltage
- Weighs .45 pounds
- Model number 60573
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I had one stud finder previously but lost it. Bought a new TV and need to hand it on top of fireplace wall. This new stud finder is so amazing. Just click and slide across the wall and you can find both edges of the stud easily. I would recommend this one.
New Holland, PA
This was a purchase to replace a very old stud finder in one of our service trucks. Works very well at finding the center of a stud. I've only used it under "normal" conditions, nothing tricky. The LED spotlight is a great advantage. For around the house, this is all the stud finder I would need and even using it professionally, it has proven itself reliable. Also, it came with a battery ready to go right out of the package, which I was not expecting. The deep-scanning stud finder efficiently locates the edges of wood and metal studs and joists through drywall and other common interior surfaces up to 1-1/2 in. deep. The SpotLite? Pointed System shines a bright beam of light over stud edges. The over the stud indication alerts user when scanning is started over a stud. I would recommend this stud finder.
The first time it was slightly off and ended up having to drill again. Ended up having the wrong size tv bracket anyways so we had to drill even more holes anyways, and it did mark them accurately.
San Antonio, TX
Wood River, IL
This is great value for my home needs. I do not do a lot of major renovations or construction, but for basic home needs it fits the bill just fine. I highly recommend this item.
The reviewer indicated they received a sample of this product.
Great sale price on this item, but I got what I paid for. It wouldn't work on newly painted walls. The instruction stated I would have to wait 2 weeks. Did try to get it to work. Would not work at all. I needed to get this room finished with wall hangings. I could not wait 2 weeks.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.