Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.3|
|Product Type:||Tap wrenches|
|Quantity in Set:||4|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Included with Item:|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Tap Driver Works Metric or Standard
The Tap Driver Set from Craftsman gets the job done right. The tap driver handle is made from a durable material that will not break apart if you drop it on the job. The three taps that are included in the set fit neatly in the handle and the tap driver can be used even without these taps. The small screwdriver handle is comfortable and compact so it will not dig into your tool bag damaging it and other tools. This tool is so handy you can slide it into a pocket to have it at the ready whenever you need it.
- The Tap Driver Set from Craftsman is a quality tool that has been engineered to address your every need in tap drivers
- This is a 4-piece tap driver set, which includes a tap driver handle and three taps: 10-24, 8-32 and 6-32
- This tap tool drives standard tap sizes from 0-1/4" and metric sizes from 3mm-7mm
- The tap driver features a familiar and easy-to-use small screwdriver style tap handle
- Can be used for home or industrial applications
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
This is not quite the quality I was expecting ... the knurled retainer to the taps is mus-threaded (not too reassuring when you consider this is a threading device). Have used once and so far so good. Wish there had been a metric version or metric taps included.
I would highly recommend this for new electric work on plastic gang boxes. Excellent for reaming new electric box screw holes for accepting switch and outlets.
About three times the price it should be. Feels like a dollar store tool, can't hold a #12 or 1/4" tap. Handle is cheap brittle plastic, not at all like a Craftsman screwdriver. End cap (to hold taps in handle and rattle around) threads poorly to handle body and strips out. Problem is with handle, not end cap. Collet nut that clamps down fingers to hold taps seems poorly machined as well. Would not recommend.
I bought this tool on sale for a good price, however, I wasn't as pleased with it as I wanted to be. It will do its job, but the cap that holds the bits in storage cross threads easily and doesn't fit as snug as I would like. The handle is made of a cheap plastic that doesn't seem very durable.
I purchased this set on sale and for what you get (3 taps and the driver), it seems like a pretty good deal. I had to return the first one I had gotten because the head of the driver was poorly formed and would not hold the #6-32 tap in place. The replacement seems to work fine. On both, the cap for the storing taps in the handle is a very poor fit and becomes loose very easily. Although this driver will hold larger taps, I wouldn't recommend it for anything larger than #10.
I needed a screwdriver style driver for my small taps so I picked this up from my local Sears store on sale for under five bucks after applying some surprise points. I don't have any complaints about the tool but do find it odd that it is still being offered with three taps that are inch sizes. I bought mine solely for the driver and would have been happy without the taps but would have liked the tool better if sold with three small commonly used metric sized taps instead since almost 100% of all auto and household merchandise comes with metric hardware these days. I will add the inch taps to my collection but honestly don't think they will ever be used but maybe that is why i got it for the super low price. Great deal if you need a small screwdriver style tap handle!
I only rated this item as FAIR because it seems like very hard/brittle plastic. I'm afraid one drop and it will be toast. It functions as it should but beyond that I am unsure. Time will tell.
Seems to be another farmed out and off shored Craftsman tool to China. Handle itself is fin and the supplied bits seem to be of acceptable quality. Seems to be geared for an electrician.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.