Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.3|
|Product Type:||Tap wrenches|
|Quantity in Set:||4|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Included with Item:|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Tap Driver Works Metric or Standard
The Tap Driver Set from Craftsman gets the job done right. The tap driver handle is made from a durable material that will not break apart if you drop it on the job. The three taps that are included in the set fit neatly in the handle and the tap driver can be used even without these taps. The small screwdriver handle is comfortable and compact so it will not dig into your tool bag damaging it and other tools. This tool is so handy you can slide it into a pocket to have it at the ready whenever you need it.
- The Tap Driver Set from Craftsman is a quality tool that has been engineered to address your every need in tap drivers
- This is a 4-piece tap driver set, which includes a tap driver handle and three taps: 10-24, 8-32 and 6-32
- This tap tool drives standard tap sizes from 0-1/4" and metric sizes from 3mm-7mm
- The tap driver features a familiar and easy-to-use small screwdriver style tap handle
- Can be used for home or industrial applications
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
I purchased this set on sale and for what you get (3 taps and the driver), it seems like a pretty good deal. I had to return the first one I had gotten because the head of the driver was poorly formed and would not hold the #6-32 tap in place. The replacement seems to work fine. On both, the cap for the storing taps in the handle is a very poor fit and becomes loose very easily. Although this driver will hold larger taps, I wouldn't recommend it for anything larger than #10.
I needed a screwdriver style driver for my small taps so I picked this up from my local Sears store on sale for under five bucks after applying some surprise points. I don't have any complaints about the tool but do find it odd that it is still being offered with three taps that are inch sizes. I bought mine solely for the driver and would have been happy without the taps but would have liked the tool better if sold with three small commonly used metric sized taps instead since almost 100% of all auto and household merchandise comes with metric hardware these days. I will add the inch taps to my collection but honestly don't think they will ever be used but maybe that is why i got it for the super low price. Great deal if you need a small screwdriver style tap handle!
I only rated this item as FAIR because it seems like very hard/brittle plastic. I'm afraid one drop and it will be toast. It functions as it should but beyond that I am unsure. Time will tell.
Seems to be another farmed out and off shored Craftsman tool to China. Handle itself is fin and the supplied bits seem to be of acceptable quality. Seems to be geared for an electrician.
Painted Post, NY
I bought this set to tap holes in some thin metal for a home improvement project I was working on. The first time I used it the chuck stated to spin in the plastic handle when the tap caught in the hole. As I tried to back the tap out, the chuck pulled out of the handle completely. I decided that I will epoxy the chuck back into the handle. I think this is a useful tool since you can throw it in your toolbox and the taps and drills stay together. The included taps seem to be of good quality.
I am an electrician and use this often at work. Unlike other similar tools (tri-tap) the taps are stored in the handle, so it is shorter, doesn't gouge your bag if you use a tool bag, and if you break a tap for some reason, you can just replace the individual tap.
HANDLE IS POOR QUALITY. THE NUT FOR TIGHTENING THE CHUCK IS HARD TO GRIP. IT'S CHEAPER MADE THAN THE ONE IT REPLACED. IT'S IMPORTED AND MADE OF POORER QUALITY MATERIALS. IT DOESN'T HOLD THE TAP SECURELY. I TOOK IT BACK. WISH I COULD FIND THE OLD ONE!
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.