Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||33.0|
|Overall Dimensions:||39 x 28 x 27|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Fits Brands/Models:||Universal - works with all brand of riding lawn mowers|
|Spread Width:||10 to 12 ft.|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Tire/Wheel Size:||10 x 4 in.|
|General Warranty:||1 year full warranty|
|Material:||Plastic hopper; Rubber wheels|
|Wheel Material:||Turf Tread|
Ratings & Reviews
Fast, Effective Lawn Care with the Craftsman Universal Spreader
The Craftsman universal broadcast spreader evenly distributes fertilizer, seed, granular lime or sand over your lawn. The universal spreader includes a hitch pin that fits any brand lawn, yard or garden tractor. It spreads lawn material outward in a circular motion up to 12 feet in diameter, distributing resources over a greater coverage area than spreading by hand. Lawns and gardens will grow thick and lush when seed and fertilizer are applied properly, and root development will be strong and deep with fewer plants competing for the same amount of sunlight, nutrients and water.
The Craftsman universal spreader has a polyethylene hopper that resists rust and corrosion, as well as a heavy-duty steel tubular frame capable of supporting up to 100 pounds. Rubber turf tread wheels roll smoothly over lawns and bumpy terrain. The black spreader carries the Craftsman name. Its solid construction and consistent performance are backed by a 1-year warranty.
- Craftsman universal broadcast spreader keeps lawns and soil beds strong and healthy
- Universal spreader connects to any bran lawn, yard or garden tractor
- 100 pound capacity covers up to 18,500 square feet (1/2 acre) per load
- Spreader distributes seed, fertilizer, lime, sand or ice melt in a wide diameter up to 12 feet
- 10- by 4-inch rubber turf tread wheels roll smoothly and maintain consistent, stable traction
- Clear-coated hardware and polyethylene hopper resist rust and corrosion
- Heavy-duty pre-assembled steel tubular frame supports up to 100 pounds per load
- Steel rod controls on/off gate
- Includes hitch pin
- Weighs 33 pounds
- Dimensions: 39 in. x 28 in. x 27 in.
- Backed by a 1-year warranty
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
purchased first spreader and parts were missing , returned and picked up another one and the axel was bent and would not roll, returned and picked up another one and the axel was bent on this one and wheels would not roll. after three spreaders i gave up and went to ***** and got one that worked. quality control on this item is terrible.made six trips to sears and the frustation of returning and purchasing each item was a terrible experience. other purchases from sears have been very good but this one was awful.
Wading River, NY
My front lawn is 7000 sq.ft. the walk behind spreader I used would take me almost an hour to spread the fertilizers. Now I hook up the tow behind spreader to the tractor and in half the time I have the fertilizer spread. The unit is very easy to assemble and the discharge control works great ,easy to reach and stays where you lock it in. I plan on using it to spread grass seed this fall . Very happy with the spreader.
Spreader was easy to assemble. Bin holds 100 pounds of material. Fertilizer is spread out in an 8-10 foot path behind tractor. This allows for fewer passes through the yard.
I bought this as a father's day gift & my husband loves it. It's easy to use, does a very good job spreading evenly. Easy clip on & off and the cover keeps it clean and dry
I found the spreader easy to assemble and equally easy to adjust using the included instruction manual. The only thing I would change for production is a deflector for the front to keep the spreading product off my tractor during use in addition to a longer control lever. I fabricated these two items for my spreader making it much better.
This is the second spreader I have purchased from Sears. The first one lasted almost 20 years. Only died due to my neglect. Looking forward to many years of use from this one.
This broadcast spreader attachment was very easy to assemble, with just the right number of parts and great instructions. With only a few common tools you can build it into a solid Craftsman product. It took a little getting used to with regard to turning it on and off for spreading and for setting the right amount of fertilizer. But once you figure that out, it's a breeze to use.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 30-May-2015 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off Tractor Attachments items sold by Sears. Reflected in price shown. Offer ends 25-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.