Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.3|
|General Warranty:||Guaranteed forever|
|Impact or Standard:||Standard|
|Pass Through Type:||No|
|Output Size:||3/8 in.|
|Drive Size:||3/8 in.|
Ratings & Reviews
Get the Job Done Right with a Craftsman Universal Joint 3/8 in. Drive
Try to replace spark plugs in your car or other jobs located in those impossible to reach spots under your car hood, and you'll see why so many people are thrilled with their Craftsman universal joint, 3/8" drive. Tight, awkward and narrow areas under the hood or other places can become easily accessible with this square drive universal joint. You get so much flexibility added to your compatible ratchet or socket collection with this adapter because you can now use sockets at a variety of angles to accommodate tight, narrow or restricted areas.
This Craftsman universal joint 3/8 in. drive makes life much easier for home or professional mechanics, carpenters or handymen because it swivels smoothly so you can get into spaces you'd be hard pressed to reach without such a swivel adapter. You can get the job done easier and faster with the right tools, and this U-joint adapter is exactly what you need when maneuvering in hard to reach places.
- Enjoy the versatility of a Craftsman universal joint, 3/8" drive that lets you get jobs done easily and properly
- With this universal adapter, you can reach areas that are awkward to get to or impossible to reach without such a tool
- This swivel adapter makes it easy to position your wrench almost anyplace so you get the best leverage
- Because it helps to secure a good perpendicular mount, it eliminates round off points on your fasteners
- U-joint design
- Weighs 0.3 pounds
- Comes with warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
No one tool can do everything. In fact those tools that are developed to be "Universal" sometimes end up being useless.
These little Universal Joints are a MUST HAVE for your Ratchet/Socket collection. If you attempt to tighten or untighten a nut without the socket being firmly mounted and perpendicular to the fastener, you will more than likely round off the points of your fastener, rendering it useless. The problem is, that you don't always have enough clearence to mount your tool in the proper manner.
So, what can you do?
One solution is to install one of these helpful Universal Joints. They enable you to mount your socket correctly while having the ratchet at an odd angle. You still get full use of the tools ratcheting power and you will not damage your nut. It is very affordably priced and is backed by Craftsman's amazing lifetime replacement warranty.
check engine light went on and ended up with the need to replace my oil pressure sender, with it situated deep between the engine and the firewall. I need things to be in an angle to clear the vacuum and fuel lines and this u-joint drive just made my DIY self look really good!
Decent value for the price. The joint is flexible. I do wish it would be a bit more rigid. Was trying to reach a bolt deep inside and the flex joint would not stayed up.
Craftsman still has fantastic quality and offers the same lifetime warranty they always have. All of my hand tools are craftsman and I'll continue buying them as long as they continue to offer the lifetime warranty. This universal joint is an item that I would want to have a lifetime guarantee on due to the moving parts. The quality is great and I haven't had any problems so far but the warranty is fantastic to have.
Overland Park, KS
This is a very useful tool. Don't use it a lot, but when you need it, you need it. I would have felt better about the Craftsman price if it had been Made In The USA.
The product itself appears to be a high quality item with a chrome finish. It swivels smoothly and I have yet to apply so much torque that it failed. Even if it did break, it would be covered hopefully under the Craftsman lifetime warranty. The only reason I did not give this an excellent. Is because it was made in China. I prefer my socket and socket accessories to be made in the USA whenever possible
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get 2-Pack Decorative Pillows for $12.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get sentiment pillows for $9.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get watercolor animial decorative pillows for $7.99, reg price $19.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get Victoria Classics 650 Thread Count Sheet Set for $14.99 reg price $59.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 09-May-2015 See details.