Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||56 x 38 x 32|
|Swath Width:||36 in.|
|Tilling Depth (in):||1 to 5.5|
|Tilling Width (in):||36|
|Color and Styling:|
|Attachment Type:||Tillers & Cultivators|
|Fits Brands/Models:||Universal- works with all brands of riding lawn mowers|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||239|
|Vehicle Type:||Tractors or ATVs|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Tire/Wheel Size:||9.75 x 2 in.|
Ratings & Reviews
Condition Soil and Get Ready For Seasonal Planting with the Craftsman Mount Tiller
This powerful Craftsman universal tow mount tiller conditions soil and prepares seedbeds for seasonal planting. This heavy-duty tiller digs deep into soil, from 1 to 5.5 inches, to help it breathe easier and make sure plants get the nutrients and moisture they need for strong, healthy root development. When plants have strong roots, it's harder for weeds to grow. The 36 inch wide swath covers more ground in less time. And with a weight of 239 pounds, it will easily break through the toughest soil, turning barren land into a rich seedbed ripe for planting and fertilizing.
The universal Craftsman mount tiller is designed to connect to any brand of lawn, yard or garden tractor, as well as ATVs — no sleeve hitch required. The iso-mount hitch absorbs shock and vibrations for smoother tilling and pulling. The gas-powered 206cc Briggs & Stratton® Inteck Series 900 engine delivers consistent and reliable performance, and the chain drive transmission is protected by shear pins in the tine assemblies to keep the tiller in optimal working condition.
- Craftsman universal tow mount tiller enriches soil and gets it ready for planting
- Fits behind any brand of lawn, yard or garden tractor, as well as ATVs
- Powered by a 206cc Briggs & Stratton Inteck Series 900 engine for heavy-duty performance and dependability
- Chain drive transmission protected by shear pins in tine assemblies
- 36 inch tilling width cultivates more soil in less time
- Standard rotating tines dig deep into soil and are adjustable from 1 to 5.5 inches
- Tine action controlled by convenient V-belt clutch
- Iso-mount hitch absorbs shock and provides smooth action
- Holes in housing cover accommodate added wheel weights for balance and depth control
- Includes convenient tiller lift and transport system
- Assembly required
Added on December 12, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Overall Rating Breakdown:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
This will suprise you. I was doing all my tilling with a 7HP walk behind tiller. This cut my getting started time by two thirds. Works great on the standard hitch. The heavier the tractor the better. Its too much for my 17HP. But the 26HP doesn't even feel it. Tills up the ground great.
New Hampshire is known as the granite state, so I had some concerns when purchasing this item and how it would hold up. It performs very well given the terrain. I have some sandy parts on my plot that this machine excels with. But I have have tilled my father's lot, where I had to pull up at least 300 rocks, and my grandfathers lot, which was in between mine and my fathers for roughness. This machine just performs. Its solid and makes the work fun again. You have to use some common sense. NEVER start out at the maximum depth till you know what you're dealing with. And never let the machine get too stressed. Minding these terms...she's ready to dig for you and turn average soil into powder for growing. I've used this mostly for putting in lawns. But a garden would be easy work for this powerhouse. I've seared off all of the pins given to me over the last couple years. But hey...I live in NH and I've pulled up some pretty impressive things with this mini-beast. I can't complain
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- 5% instant savings with Sears card on Lawn & Garden items over $299. Sold by Sears Offer ends 04-Jan-2014 See details.
- Online Only, Extra 5% off tractor attachments sold by Sears. Offer valid thru 12/25/13 Offer ends 25-Dec-2013 See details.