Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||6.2 in. L|
|Integrated Blade Storage:||Yes|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.24|
|Handle Type:||Soft grip|
Ratings & Reviews
Soft-Grip Utility Knife Comes With Three Heavy-Duty Blades
Uses for the Craftsman soft-grip utility knife vary, from cutting boxes and plastics to drywall and roof shingles. Whether you're a professional Craftsman or a DIY enthusiast, this hand tool is a must-own. The Craftsman utility knife is high quality with a soft grip that helps prevent hand fatigue. The knife is made of silver-painted aluminum with a soft, Santoprene cover. It is small and lightweight for ease of use on the go, from job to job.
The soft-grip utility knife has a slider, made of tempered spring metal, to give you fast access to the blades within. The knife contains three heavy-duty blades in the handle, 0.024 inches thick. In addition, universal two-notch and three-notch blades fit. A useful feature is the internal rubber fingers, which prevent spare blades from dulling or shaking. The Craftsman name proudly displays on the knife's side; trust in the brand that is well-known for the high standards it sets for its tools. It has a sleek appearance in silver and black, with a 6.2-inch length.
- The Craftsman soft-grip utility knife is handy for cutting plastics, boxes and more
- At 6.2 inches long, it is small enough to be take with you to job sites
- Lightweight at only 0.24 pounds
- Soft grip helps prevent fatigue
- Silver-plated aluminum with soft, Santoprene cover
- Sleek looking in silver and white, with popular Craftsman logo along side
- Slider made of tempered spring metal for fast access to hidden blades
- Contains three heavy-duty blades, 0.024 inches thick
- Universal two-notch and three-notch blades fit within
- No shaking or dulling of spare blades, thanks to internal rubber fingers
- Sales of knives is prohibited or restricted in these US states: AL, FL, ID, KS, MA, MD, ME, MS, NC, NY, OH, OK, RI, TX, VI, WA, WI, WV
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
This one does have the feature of retracting the knife back in its handle for safe storage and the feel of the knife is softer compared to other utility knives. It also has spare blades inside I believe.
The slide knife is nice and easy to handle. What I didn't like was the slide mechanism which was pretty flimsy and cheap for a Craftsman product. The product comes with three blades which are stored inside the unit.
Like the grip on this knife and the fact that it comes with some blades is a big plus. Seems like it would hold up to any abuse sent at it. Would recommend to anyone.
The soft grip utility knife doesn't live up to the Craftsman name. It is poorly made with little quality control. The item I received has the paint on the Craftsman name smeared. It is loose fitting and the blade has too much up and down give in it. The slide doesn't travel smoothly down the track and hangs easily leaving the blade partially exposed. There are many other better quality utility knives that are cheaper and more functional than this one.
I really like this knife for the price, the only thing I would change is that the thumb button is definitely plastic. I'm worried that it won't last as long as the rest of the body. Guess I'm glad there is a lifetime warranty on it.
Saint Peters, MO
I, unfortunately, have several utility knives in my tool box, but this is the one I grab every time I need one! It is well built and comfortable in the hand!
It comes with 3 blades and you can flip the blade to use the other side. You won't need extra blades for a long time. The soft grip provides a comfortable use. the adjustable blade position allows you secure cuts. the actual item doesn't look that nice as in this page but who cares.
It took me a while to figure out how to open the knife comfortably. Then I laid the knife in my hand backwards, then I push the button in. "Works for Me" The other way was hard to hold.
Corpus Christi, TX
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 30-Apr-2014 See details.
- MAX Member Exclusive. Choose FREE Store Pickup and Get 5% back in points! Offer ends 30-Jun-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.