Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||6.2 in. L|
|Integrated Blade Storage:||Yes|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.24|
|Handle Type:||Soft grip|
Ratings & Reviews
Soft-Grip Utility Knife Comes With Three Heavy-Duty Blades
Uses for the Craftsman soft-grip utility knife vary, from cutting boxes and plastics to drywall and roof shingles. Whether you're a professional Craftsman or a DIY enthusiast, this hand tool is a must-own. The Craftsman utility knife is high quality with a soft grip that helps prevent hand fatigue. The knife is made of silver-painted aluminum with a soft, Santoprene cover. It is small and lightweight for ease of use on the go, from job to job.
The soft-grip utility knife has a slider, made of tempered spring metal, to give you fast access to the blades within. The knife contains three heavy-duty blades in the handle, 0.024 inches thick. In addition, universal two-notch and three-notch blades fit. A useful feature is the internal rubber fingers, which prevent spare blades from dulling or shaking. The Craftsman name proudly displays on the knife's side; trust in the brand that is well-known for the high standards it sets for its tools. It has a sleek appearance in silver and black, with a 6.2-inch length.
- The Craftsman soft-grip utility knife is handy for cutting plastics, boxes and more
- At 6.2 inches long, it is small enough to be take with you to job sites
- Lightweight at only 0.24 pounds
- Soft grip helps prevent fatigue
- Silver-plated aluminum with soft, Santoprene cover
- Sleek looking in silver and white, with popular Craftsman logo along side
- Slider made of tempered spring metal for fast access to hidden blades
- Contains three heavy-duty blades, 0.024 inches thick
- Universal two-notch and three-notch blades fit within
- No shaking or dulling of spare blades, thanks to internal rubber fingers
- Sales of knives is prohibited or restricted in these US states: AL, FL, ID, KS, MA, MD, ME, MS, NC, NY, OH, OK, RI, TX, VI, WA, WI, WV
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
I really like this knife for the price, the only thing I would change is that the thumb button is definitely plastic. I'm worried that it won't last as long as the rest of the body. Guess I'm glad there is a lifetime warranty on it.
Saint Peters, MO
I, unfortunately, have several utility knives in my tool box, but this is the one I grab every time I need one! It is well built and comfortable in the hand!
It comes with 3 blades and you can flip the blade to use the other side. You won't need extra blades for a long time. The soft grip provides a comfortable use. the adjustable blade position allows you secure cuts. the actual item doesn't look that nice as in this page but who cares.
It took me a while to figure out how to open the knife comfortably. Then I laid the knife in my hand backwards, then I push the button in. "Works for Me" The other way was hard to hold.
Corpus Christi, TX
San Antonio, TX
Santa Monica, CA
I have to admit, it looks like it is put together in China, but I've put it through a beating and it is still working great. The grips make it pretty comfortable to apply heavy pressure. Pretty easy to change out blades too.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 05-Apr-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.