Specifications & Dimensions
|Overall Dimensions:||11.5 x 8.25 x 3|
|General Warranty:||1 Year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||2.94|
|Included with Item:|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|RPM:||5,000 - 32,000|
|Speed Capability:||Variable adjustable|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|Assembly Required:||Fully Assembled|
|Package Contents:||Tool, Case, Bit Box, Cutting Guide and 40 Accessories|
Ratings & Reviews
Variable Speed Rotary Tool Kit Takes on Multiple Jobs
If you combined most of the tools in your box into one mega tool, the Craftsman Variable Speed Rotary Tool Kit would be the result. This is a truly versatile kit that lets you work on multiple jobs with just one tool. This sleek, modern innovation can operate on high speeds. You can adjust it to any speed between 5000 to 32000, without load speed. You can grind, carve, engrave, route, sharpen, cut, clean, sand and drill quickly and efficiently.
The Variable Speed Rotary Tool Kit is well-balanced and allows you to work comfortably for long periods of time. Its cool running motor makes less noise and produces less vibration. It also has an impressive nosecap wrench built into it for your convenience. It comes with motor brushes you can replace and 40 accessories to increase the type of jobs you can do. For more ideas on what this tool kit can do, feel free to browse through the cutting guide.
- The Craftsman Variable Speed Rotary Tool Kit gives you the ability and versatility of many tools in one
- Powerful motor can work at speeds between 5000 to 32000 with no load speed
- Excellent, versatile tool for carving, grinding, engraving, routing, sharpening, cleaning, cutting, sanding and drilling
- The rotary drill feels balanced and comfortable, allowing you to work for long periods of time
- Cool running motor produces less noise and vibration
- Built in nose cap wrench for enhanced versatility
- Comes with replaceable motor brushes
- Kit consists of 40 accessories for specific jobs. Increased Versatility Right Out of the Box
- Cutting guide gives you ideas for optimal use
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on June 02, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Two Rivers, WI
Gives you everything you need, all the bits included are very useful. This tool has good hand feel and good balance. Easy to use adn the storage box keeps it all neat and portable.
Received this rotary tool for my birthday. I used it 3 times for light duty and I loved it. On the 4th time, the variable switch became intermittent at all speeds. I couldn't use it. The next time I needed it, it didn't work at all. I disassembled it, inspected the contact points on the variable switch and they appeared to be toast! I used a #2 pencil eraser and cleaned them thoroughly, re-assembled it and still nothing. I went to the Sears Parts Direct website to see if I could find a new PCB and or a switch and they listed 0 parts for it. $70 for 3 uses...really???
Very handy small tools for getting jobs done around the house. We have use it primarily for cutting wood and metal. High quality. The blade gets unsharpened easily.
I bought this just to have around for general fine sanding and contouring work. I have not used it a lot as of yet, but it seems like it should fit the bill well. I suggest variable speed for any one buying a tool like this because you can get in for close work, and keep everything in control. I gave it 4 stars only because I have not used it a lot, and I have seen similar tools with a smoother variable speed control.(higher priced as well)
My 40 year old Craftsman single-speed rotary tool finally died, bought this replacement.This one is lighter, has a simpler chuck, and all the bits and collets from my old one fit this new one. This one will probably outlast me!
Ozone Park, NY
THIS PRODUCT IS VERY GOOD TO CUT METAL IT COMES IN IT'S LITTLE CASE VERY CONVENIENT TO TRAVEL WITH IT ANYWHERE I RECOMMAND THIS TO ANYONE THAT NEEDS TO CUT METAL IT WORKS REALLY GOOD.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
So far it seems to be working pretty well. The removable end piece that lets you loosen it instead of bring out the wrench is a big positive. The adapters are confusing and the owners manual isn't too helpful.
Greatly helped me grind some existing tile on the installation of a new bath room vanity counter top. Nothing else could have done this job better in close proxmity to the work. motor has great power. Definately would recommend this tool to anyone
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 14-Feb-2015 See details.