Specifications & Dimensions
|General Warranty:||5 Years Limited|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.2|
|Package Contents:||2 AAA Batteries|
|Tool Type:||Electrical diagnostics|
|Included with Item:|
|Number of Batteries Included:||2|
|Number of Batteries Required:||2|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Voltage Detector AC DC Tests Both AC and DC
This quality-made Craftsman voltage detector is a must-have for any homeowner or professional. Voltage detectors are critical testing tools that you do not want to be without whenever working with electricity. Whether you are diagnosing a problem, testing a line or electrical device, you will love having this handy pen sized voltage detector in your pocket.
The Craftsman voltage detector AC DC is always at the ready when you clip it in your pocket while you work. The handy pen style lets you carry this device with you anywhere, and it is simple to use. The metal contacts allow you to quickly find energized circuits, as well as defective grounds. Now you will never have to guess again why the lights are not working, or where the problem is located. Professional electricians and DIYers cannot live without a sturdy, accurate and fast voltage detector.
- This Craftsman voltage detector is made to the exacting standards of Sears
- The detector comes with two AAA batteries
- The readout is a backlit LCD screen so you can see what is going on in any light at a glance
- The pen-style detector is fantastic design and functionality
- The housing is sturdy and durable so it will be there when you need it
- The voltage detector also comes with its own case for safe storage
- Measures voltage for electrical diagnosis
- Comes with a five-year limited warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Fairfax Station, VA
San Mateo, CA
I purchased this unit bundled with a Craftsman multimeter, fully expecting it to be a throwaway item. Turns out it came in more handy than the multimeter for detecting live wires, outlets and switches when it came to figuring out if the correct breaker was turned off before doing work. I eventually lost it and bought another one I missed it so much.
This is an easy way to make sure that you don't kill yourself when doing electrical work. For a small amount of money, you can test wires before sticking your hand in a box. This is something that everybody should own.
Garnet Valley, PA
This is handy for quickly telling if a line or outlet has power in it. I use mine regularly, but it seems to act up sometimes and it starts beeping while in my tool belt when it is not close to any source of power. If it keeps acting up I will just take it back for another one before the warranty expires.
First thing I noticed -- no switch. It sits on my desk and randomly beeps for 3-4 seconds. It sensed where I knew there was AC. But I wouldn't trust using it if it was critical that I know when it was safe to work on a circuit. Thus it is useless.
AC detector did not work as described. Drove 35 mins to Sears for this item. Opened package, inserted new batteries and tested this product. Detector gave low volume beeping but failed to provide blinking light. Paper insert advises consumer to call 1-888-326-1006 for assistance instead of returning meter to store. Called number, described problem and was instructed to return item to store!! Two 35 min trips to Sears will cost me more than meter is worth. What a waste of time on my part and waste of customer service resources for Sears.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.