Craftsman WeedWacker™ Gas Trimmer 25cc* 2-Cycle Straight ShaftItem# 07171119000 | Model# 71119
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||11|
|Accepts Blade Accessory:||Yes|
|Extra Spool Included:||Yes|
|Trimmer Type:||Line trimmers, gas|
|Adjustable Trimming Head:||Adjustable head|
|Cutting Swath (in.):||14|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Spool or Line Part Number:||#85908|
|Bulk Line Part Number:||#85636|
|Spark Plug Part Number:||Champion RDJ7J|
|Job Size:||Small, Medium|
|Speed Start Capable:||Yes|
|Color/Finish:||Red, Powder coated steel frame|
|Fuel Type:||Gas/oil mix|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (qt.):||0.31|
|Line Feed Type:||Hassle Free|
|Line Exit Type:||Dual|
|General Warranty:||2-Year Consumer/10-Year Shaft|
Ratings & Reviews
Get Going With Versatile Weed Wacking Power
Lightweight and always ready to go with the Incredi-Pull™ and optional Speed Start™ systems, the Craftsman 25cc Straight Shaft Weedwacker™ will take down stands of tall grass and weeds, slicing quickly and easily through dense growth. With the included Hassel Free™ head, it works silently, reducing both wind and cutting resistance while lasting many times longer than normal string trimmer line.
With an interchangeable shaft, this weed whacker not only services your lawn, but it adapts with seven separate attachments to help you take care of multiple spring, summer and fall chores. Swap to the pole saw to take care of dead branches, the edger head for neat trimming around sidewalks, the brush cutter to clear land or the cultivator to turn your yard into garden space. With many options to choose from, it's easy to get the job done.
Backed by a 10 year limited shaft and 2 year full warranty, Craftsman built this versatile weed trimmer to take care of your yard or small farm for many season to come. Clear out those old machines and get the kind of tool that will not only save you space, but help you get more out of every season.
- 25cc* 2-cycle engine — Durable and lightweight (requires mixing gas and oil 40:1)
- Speed Start™ technology capable — Push-button starting with no pulling required
- Incredi-Pull™ starting system — Recoil design engineered to reduce the starting effort with a slow, smooth pull
- Straight shaft — Extended reach and more comfortable for taller users
- Universal yard tool attachment system capable (Edger, Cultivator, Blower, Brush-cutter, Hedge Trimmer, Pole Saw, Curve Shaft with Bump Head, Straight Shaft with Hassle Free Head). Adds versatility and saves time
- Hassle Free™ cutting feed — Easy to load with XQ shaped .110 in. line
- Easy 3-step starting — Flip, prime and pull
- Adjustable contour handle — Ergonomic design allows for more comfort and control
- Deluxe guard — Advanced debris protection
- 2-year full warranty
- 10-year limited shaft warranty
- *As rated by engine manufacturer
Added on November 04, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I had an old Craftsman WeedWacker and it kind of got old. I decided to go with a new one and decided on this particular model. I made the purchase online and picked it up at the store. To my surprise there is a new mechanism where you are able to feed the string into a new system that they created. It is much faster and the machine seems to run smoother than the last one that I owned. I love this machine. it feels lighter than the last one that I had as well. I love the straight shaft and the easiness of string feeding. It made my job a heck of a lot faster than the last one that I had. For the price I cant complain. It definitely does the job and it does it well. I also have the edger attachment and I was able to use it on this model as well. Great little machine that performs bigger than it actually is. I love it!
Works great and the modular attachment system is awesome an idea. Starts great and runs great. For those of you that can't start your trimmer, my SEVEN-YEAR-OLD step son starts this and can trim with it. But, there's good fresh gas in it, and he follows the prescribed starting procedure. It you are having problems, there's a 90% you didn't follow the starting procedure - or you're using old fuel. All my fuel gets treated with fuel stabilizer. Never have any fuel related problems. Gas begins to break down in a month. If your gas can has fuel in it form last season, you're shooting yourself in the foot. Gas has a shelf life. Use fuel stabilizer. Anyways, I would buy this trimmer again. In fact, I am buying the blower attachment now.
Panama City, FL
Ocean City, NJ
This is the second gas powered trimmer I purchased from Sears. The first lasted 7 years with no issues until a total engine failure. Figured I would purchase another Craftsman since the product was reliable in the past.
Sunset Beach, NC
New York Mills, NY
Do not buy this and waste your money. It is under powered, doesn't even cut the grass or weeds. The motor is so underpowered that when you put a new string in the engine bogs down, runs better when string is shorter. Also the string has to be replaced when it gets low. You have to stop and re-feed a new string. Absolute horrible design, its a pain to replace and I would rather be able to do my whole yard, rather than have to stop partway in to change the string. As said before by previous reviews it does take several pulls to start. Craftsman advertises this as a multi function/tool machine. I couldn't even imagine trying to use the other attachments due to the lack of power. Luckily this was a gift for me. If I could return it I would!!!!!!!!!
Easy to assemble, a little tricky to get started the first time but nothing serious. It is heavier than I expected and resulted in a very sore arm and leg until I got used to it. It worked best on grass that was not too tall. On tall grass it seemed to push it down rather than cut it. But overall I was content with its performance and it does the job.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.