Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||12.5" x 4.5"|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1.5|
|Package Contents:||1 pair pliers|
|Included with Item:|
|Handle Length (in.):||12.5|
|Handle Type:||forged steel with cushion grip|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|Materials & Finish:|
|Material:||drop forged alloy steel|
Ratings & Reviews
Wide Capacity Pliers
These precision machined pliers give you the versatility you've been wishing for.
Capable of gripping objects from 1/2" all the way to 4" these innovative pliers can replace several traditional pliers in your tool pouch. Combining smart innovation with rock solid traditional building techniques, these precision machined pliers deliver the long lasting durability of forged steel with a protective coating to help resist corrosion. A solid addition to any tool box, this innovative design will become the tool you grab for a variety of tasks around the shop or house. Featuring textured, contoured dipped handles, and built to exceed all ASME and ANSI standards, toss these precision machined pliers in your kit, and get a serious grip.
- 3-Points of contact for a firm grip from ½ to 4”
- 40% more gripping surface than standard straight jaw tongue and groove pliers
- Drop forged alloy steel for strength and long life
- Clear coat finish for corrosion resistance
- Curved bottom jaw for better localized “bite” on work surface
- Serrated teeth deliver serious grip
- Flush rivet design allows access to super tight areas
- Made in U.S.A.
- Backed by the Craftsman Forever Guarantee
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 27, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Good product, but not great. The tool itself is high quality, but I'm not impressed by the plastic dip handles. The first set I received had the plastic handled torn. I took it to the local Sears for an exchange. The new one is fine, but I wish the plastic handle dip was a bit higher quality. Overall good pliers, I plan to use this for pipe work.
LA Place, LA
I will echo another review here, this will not replace any pliers I have but will fit into the niche opportunities where I have needed something like this and did not have it. Best of all, these are still made by Western Forge here in the USA- VERY surprised given just about all other Craftsman tools have moved to China.
My husband bought this tool for one reason only. That reason is.... a tool that opened stubborn jars in the kitchen that we both could use and would last a lifetime. Well,.... he succeeded! This is the tough durable jar opener you were looking for.... AND... is a very handy general purpose tool.
These pliers are worth a look, 3-Points of contact, serrated teeth and a grip range of ? to 4? these are some very versatile pliers. Not saying that they will replace any of your current pliers, they sure will give you an option.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.