Specifications & Dimensions
|Warranty Detail Link:||craftsman warranty|
|Welding Processes:||MIG (GMAW)|
|Rated Output (Amps/Volts/Duty Cycle):||A/V/20%|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||3 year limited|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
Easy-to-operate, fully portable welder welds all types of carbon steel. Multiple power settings assure accurate power control. 10-position electronic, infinite adjustment.
- Wire speed control with Tweco-type torch
- Operates on standard 110 volt current
- 20% duty cycle at 80 amps
- Automatic thermal safety switch prevents the possibility of overloads
- Gasless convenience - uses flux-cored steel welding wire
- Welds thin 18 ga. sheet metal up to thick 3/16 in. steel for versatility/wide range of uses
- Dual position heat adjustment for selecting the perfect heat for the job
- Adjustable wire tension for accurate, reliable feeding
- 5 -.023 contact tips, 5 -.030 contact tips, 5 .040 contact tips, starter spool of wire
- CSA approved
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on February 16, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Came with .35 wire, and several each of .30 and .40 contact tips. The machine isn't even spec'd for .40 wire ?!? I bought this unit to replace a briefly owned unit from that dirt cheap too store... you know the one... at three times the price, this unit preformed no better. Low power/speed (which is the application for which I wanted a simple Flux-core unit) was an utter fail. No matter how many adjustments I made to the wire tension, or what angle or direction I worked in (Save for brief moments of manually pushing "in" with the wire) this unit would not maintain a steady arc. It simply sputtered and made wonderful looking dots of weld. it wouldn't feed smoothly below a speed setting of about 3 1/2 - 4. Above that, it worked fine, but for the price, and with the "Craftsman" name on the outside, I expected a lot more. If you are doing heavier work than I, and don't mind buying your own set of starter tips, and chucking the spare .40's, this is not a bad unit, albeit overpriced
love it, ive had it to days and i am trading it for a truck,lol, the guy really liked it! so now im going to save up and buy number 2!
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Kew Gardens, NY
this is the best welder i've ever had the wire feeds its self so you got your other hand free to hold them small parts i got this welder last year and i learned how to weld with and now i make money with it all the time it has donw paid for its self and i would be great for a shop
- Qualifying Orders $59 + SHIP FREE Offer ends 10-Jul-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select tools Sold by Sears. Valid thru 5/25/13. Offer ends 25-May-2013 See details.