Ratings & Reviews
More Suction Power than Shop-Vac and Ridgid*
This Craftsman XSP 12 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac offers innovative cleaning power technology designed to tackle the toughest cleanup projects at the jobsite, shop, garage or home. Vacuuming wood chunks, metal shards, nails or sawdust in the shop, clearing drywall chunks, broken glass and screws at the job site, liquid pickup in a flooded basement and lastly removing leaves and other debris from gutters (gutter kit sold seperately) are just a few of the projects XSP can handle. Innovative top-tray storage allows you to conveniently store items such as mechanics tools, power drills, screws or necessities on top of the vacuum so they are easily accessible when needed. On-board hose, accessory and power cord organizers eliminates unneeded hassle and reduces overall storage space. Equipped with an extra-large drain, it quickly empties the tank of liquids. An over 27 Foot cleaning reach (7’ Hose, 20’ Power Cord + Extension Wands) allows you to reach larger areas without unplugging the unit. The 2-1/2” diameter secure fit hose system keeps the hose in place during use. Heavy duty 360° swivel casters offer enhanced mobility on most surfaces, integrated ergonomic top handle provides comfort and easy transport. Quickly control the power with the large dust sealed on/off switch.
The Craftsman XSP 12 Gallon 5.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac also quickly converts to a blower. Cleaning up at a messy jobsite, blasting dirt from the shop floor or fall leaves off the driveway can be done in a snap. It also includes a 9 Pc accessory set for nearly any situation.
- More Suction Power than Shop-Vac and Ridgid*
- Tackles the toughest jobs. Vacuums away wood chunks, metal shards, nails or sawdust in the shop. Clears drywall chunks, broken glass and screws at the job site. Drains flooded basements and removes leaves and other debris from gutters (gutter kit sold seperately) just to name a few.
- Large 12 Gallon collection tank with extra-large quick empty liquid drain
- Powerful 5.5 peak HP motor makes short work of jobs
- Top tray storage conveniently stores items such as mechanics tools, power drills, screws and needed tools on top of the vacuum so they are easily accessible when needed
- On-board hose, accessory and power cord organizers provide space saving, convenient and hassle-free storage
- Over 27 Foot Cleaning Reach (7’ x 2-1/2 In. Secure Fit Hose, 20’ Power Cord and Two Extension Wands)
- Heavy duty 360° swivel casters for enhanced mobility on most surfaces
- Also includes hose bracket set, cartridge filter, wet pickup foam filter, crevice tool, utility nozzle and floor/ squeegee nozzle combo
- Large dust sealed on/off switch for easy control and ergonomic handle for improved comfort
- Quickly converts to a blower for jobsite, shop or garage cleanup
* Craftsman XSP 12 Gallon #12006 compared to Ridgid WD1270 and Shop-Vac 944-14-11; measured by air watts
Added on July 20, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I just bought this Wet/Dry Vac to help us clean up the shop area. I know other reviewers mentioned the suction, but it really is strong. It is much stronger than I had anticipated. I like the variety of attachments and I like that the hose "locks" in to the base. The lid is very easy to take off and put on. Overall, this is a fantastic Wet/Dry vac. I like it so much, I am going to buy one for home.
Crown Point, IN
Got it for a great deal at sears. Haven't purchased a new shop vacuum in nearly 20 years as my old shop vacuum from sears was still going strong. Needless to say I was literally BLOWN AWAY when I turned it on to blast out the vents in my new house. This is the most powerful shop Vacuum I have ever used and will continue to purchase Sears shop Vacuums!!!
This shop-vac is easy to transport and securely stores all attachments. It has lots of power and is not as noisy as some previous models. It is an excellent value as well.
This is an upgrade from my 6 gallon shop vac. The shop vac is very powerful and can handle more than my 6 gallon. I use the blower to clean my carpet out and I am done within seconds.
This shopvac is very powerful both derections. I put the top on with the blower facing the same way as the intake what a mistake. The dirt blew away from me all the way down the other end of the house. WHAT A MESS THAT MADE !!!!
I have a larger Craftsman vac but it is very awkward to carry up and down stairs and through hallways. I wanted something easily carried but I still wanted the power of a larger vac. For me, this vac has fit the bill. Its handle and storage features make it very portable but it is still very powerful. A side benefit that I didn't expect is that it's also quieter than my other vacs (both the larger Craftsman and my wall-mounted Craftsman..
This is one of the better wet/dry vacuums. It has a large hose with a powerful suction. It can pickup small chunks of wood and anything else that will fit in the hose. I used it to clean up drywall and popcorn ceiling and it did not blow out dust. I had the normal filter but also ordered the bag type filter that fit in the tub. After the drywall I decided to clean out the fire place (end of summer no hot ashes!) and no soot came out the back and suction was still strong afterwards. Easy plug to drain liquids too.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.