|Item Weight (lbs.):||26.5|
|Tank Size:||12.5 - 22.0 Gal. tank size|
|Handle Type:||Integrated Ergonomic|
|Number of Handles:||2|
|Cord Length (ft.):||20|
|Cord Management:||Manual Wrap|
|Hose Length (ft.):||7|
|Onboard Attachment Storage:||Yes|
|Dust Hose Diameter:||2-1/2 in.|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Package Contents:||9 pc Accessory Set|
Ratings & Reviews
More Suction Power than Shop-Vac and Ridgid*
This Craftsman XSP 12 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac offers innovative cleaning power technology designed to tackle the toughest cleanup projects at the jobsite, shop, garage or home. Vacuuming wood chunks, metal shards, nails or sawdust in the shop, clearing drywall chunks, broken glass and screws at the job site, liquid pickup in a flooded basement and lastly removing leaves and other debris from gutters (gutter kit sold seperately) are just a few of the projects XSP can handle. Innovative top-tray storage allows you to conveniently store items such as mechanics tools, power drills, screws or necessities on top of the vacuum so they are easily accessible when needed. On-board hose, accessory and power cord organizers eliminates unneeded hassle and reduces overall storage space. Equipped with an extra-large drain, it quickly empties the tank of liquids. An over 27 Foot cleaning reach (7’ Hose, 20’ Power Cord + Extension Wands) allows you to reach larger areas without unplugging the unit. The 2-1/2” diameter secure fit hose system keeps the hose in place during use. Heavy duty 360° swivel casters offer enhanced mobility on most surfaces, integrated ergonomic top handle provides comfort and easy transport. Quickly control the power with the large dust sealed on/off switch.
The Craftsman XSP 12 Gallon 5.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac also quickly converts to a blower. Cleaning up at a messy jobsite, blasting dirt from the shop floor or fall leaves off the driveway can be done in a snap. It also includes a 9 Pc accessory set for nearly any situation.
- More Suction Power than Shop-Vac and Ridgid*
- Tackles the toughest jobs. Vacuums away wood chunks, metal shards, nails or sawdust in the shop. Clears drywall chunks, broken glass and screws at the job site. Drains flooded basements and removes leaves and other debris from gutters (gutter kit sold seperately) just to name a few.
- Large 12 Gallon collection tank with extra-large quick empty liquid drain
- Powerful 5.5 peak HP motor makes short work of jobs
- Top tray storage conveniently stores items such as mechanics tools, power drills, screws and needed tools on top of the vacuum so they are easily accessible when needed
- On-board hose, accessory and power cord organizers provide space saving, convenient and hassle-free storage
- Over 27 Foot Cleaning Reach (7’ x 2-1/2 In. Secure Fit Hose, 20’ Power Cord and Two Extension Wands)
- Heavy duty 360° swivel casters for enhanced mobility on most surfaces
- Also includes hose bracket set, cartridge filter, wet pickup foam filter, crevice tool, utility nozzle and floor/ squeegee nozzle combo
- Large dust sealed on/off switch for easy control and ergonomic handle for improved comfort
- Quickly converts to a blower for jobsite, shop or garage cleanup
* Craftsman XSP 12 Gallon #12006 compared to Ridgid WD1270 and Shop-Vac 944-14-11; measured by air watts
Added on July 20, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Great work by design team on this vacuum. Hose diameter is what you need around the shop, attachments are plentiful, power goes and goes. I gave my brother my previous vac and upgraded to this one for Christmas and have never looked back. Top tray is great to set tools you need on hand. So easy to store everything in a compact footprint with the hose wrap and attachment inserts. A+ by Craftsman.
We bought this vacuum to clean up during the building of our new home. It has been a wonderful asset! We cleaned up some wet sawdust and the hose did get clogged more frequently but it did a great job with the dry sawdust.
This is a great product. I had the 20 gallon Craftsman wet/dry vac, but it lacked the XSP feature. Picked up this one and although less HP featured XSP and there was deffinitely an improvement. Glad I made the change.
East Aurora, NY
I was very excited to pull this vac out of the box and give it the quick assembly it requires. My excitement quickly diminished when I noticed right away that the red plastic tub was not as strong as I anticipated. After closer inspection, I also realized that the locking handles are the cheapest looking and lowest quality locking handles they can possibly get away with. Unfortunately, profit is priority for most corporations and Sears is obviously more interested in cutting corners than making an all around quality product. The stainless steal shop vac has much higher quality locking handles, but it's tub is too small and it has a small hose diameter. As a result, I know they can have good quality handles made by the Chinese. This larger line of vacs have to get a handle on their handles and thin plastic. Additionally, the locking handles don't even hold the lid down tight! There is a space for a seal on the lid but there is no rubber/plastic seal included and as a result the poor quality handle hold the lid loosely to the base. I am using a bungy cord to help keep the lid down tight to prevent any dust from coming out and to hopefully make the cheap handles last longer. So now I have a nice new shop vac with a bungy on it, what a joke! I gave it 3 stars (I am being generous) because it seems to suck well, have useful pieces, and it blows okay (good for light dusk/dirt but it's not going to move leaves). In summary it sucks well, blows okay but the plastic and handle quality truly sucks and blows!
Camp Hill, PA
This has proven to be an excellent shop vac. Our old one was very loud and awkward. This vac is so powerful, that when we go to vacuum the rubber mat our kitty litter boxes are on, the vac picks up the rubber mat along with the litter. It really is excellent.
Great product, you can't beat a Craftsman. ordered this shop vac and received it in two days, work greats and has lots of power.
It was easy to put together.It's sturdy and it has powerful suction. This simple machine cleaned up Christmas tree mess without a problem. It didn't get clogged on needles, small branches or icicles as my regular house vac would have. It's the perfect size and I love the way the attachments fit onto the top, so they won't get lost. I haven't used for anything wet, but that seems like it will be pretty easy, since you just change out the dry filter to the spongy one and you are set to go.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 05-Apr-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.