Ratings & Reviews
More Suction Power than Shop-Vac and Ridgid*
This Craftsman XSP 12 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac offers innovative cleaning power technology designed to tackle the toughest cleanup projects at the jobsite, shop, garage or home. Vacuuming wood chunks, metal shards, nails or sawdust in the shop, clearing drywall chunks, broken glass and screws at the job site, liquid pickup in a flooded basement and lastly removing leaves and other debris from gutters (gutter kit sold seperately) are just a few of the projects XSP can handle. Innovative top-tray storage allows you to conveniently store items such as mechanics tools, power drills, screws or necessities on top of the vacuum so they are easily accessible when needed. On-board hose, accessory and power cord organizers eliminates unneeded hassle and reduces overall storage space. Equipped with an extra-large drain, it quickly empties the tank of liquids. An over 27 Foot cleaning reach (7’ Hose, 20’ Power Cord + Extension Wands) allows you to reach larger areas without unplugging the unit. The 2-1/2” diameter secure fit hose system keeps the hose in place during use. Heavy duty 360° swivel casters offer enhanced mobility on most surfaces, integrated ergonomic top handle provides comfort and easy transport. Quickly control the power with the large dust sealed on/off switch.
The Craftsman XSP 12 Gallon 5.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac also quickly converts to a blower. Cleaning up at a messy jobsite, blasting dirt from the shop floor or fall leaves off the driveway can be done in a snap. It also includes a 9 Pc accessory set for nearly any situation.
- More Suction Power than Shop-Vac and Ridgid*
- Tackles the toughest jobs. Vacuums away wood chunks, metal shards, nails or sawdust in the shop. Clears drywall chunks, broken glass and screws at the job site. Drains flooded basements and removes leaves and other debris from gutters (gutter kit sold seperately) just to name a few.
- Large 12 Gallon collection tank with extra-large quick empty liquid drain
- Powerful 5.5 peak HP motor makes short work of jobs
- Top tray storage conveniently stores items such as mechanics tools, power drills, screws and needed tools on top of the vacuum so they are easily accessible when needed
- On-board hose, accessory and power cord organizers provide space saving, convenient and hassle-free storage
- Over 27 Foot Cleaning Reach (7’ x 2-1/2 In. Secure Fit Hose, 20’ Power Cord and Two Extension Wands)
- Heavy duty 360° swivel casters for enhanced mobility on most surfaces
- Also includes hose bracket set, cartridge filter, wet pickup foam filter, crevice tool, utility nozzle and floor/ squeegee nozzle combo
- Large dust sealed on/off switch for easy control and ergonomic handle for improved comfort
- Quickly converts to a blower for jobsite, shop or garage cleanup
* Craftsman XSP 12 Gallon #12006 compared to Ridgid WD1270 and Shop-Vac 944-14-11; measured by air watts
Added on July 20, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Easy to assemble. Amazing suction, it seems more powerful than a vac at a car wash. It even has a small drain at the bottom for fluids you might vacuum up. Very nice vac. Wish it had a blower side as well as a vac side though. All-in-all not bad for the price though.
It really sucks (in a good way), perfect size, enough accessories but the design for the lid is so bad. You can't really lock it. Dust is everywhere. While in LOCKED, if you hold the handle and lift it up, there is about 1/4" gap between the lid and the base. I used it ONE time and it will go back.
excellent tool for the job I am doing, rehabbing a cabin it takes care of all the dry wall dust and pieces of dry wall. this was a life saver and makes clean up a breeze.
I"ve been shopping around for a wet/dry vacuum for about 2 weeks. Noticed that sears/craftsman had this one on sale so I decided to purchase it. Best decision, picks up everything. Even clears my central ac drains. Recommend to anyone looking for a new shopvac.
Very good vacuum! Surprised by how easily it sucked the pet hair from my fabric seats in my truck. Almost as strong suction as a carwash commercial grade vac.
When we bought this to handle a ****-filled flooded basement in our new house 20 years ago, my father-in-law scoffed because we didn't get a bigger one. It was all we could afford at the time. I admit, we have used and abused this wet/dry vac for 20 years. I kept forgetting to get a new filter, but... Still that thing handled pool clean-outs, many, many home remodeling clean-outs (drywall dust and pieces, gallons of wet leaves from the pool, etc.) It runs and runs and has incredible suction. Alas, yesterday, I finally killed the hose. I taped it up to get the job done, but I think it is time for a new one. Everyone home owner needs a shop vac.
I had previously bought Craftsman's battery powered 1 gallon vacuum and after about two car cleaning realized it wasn't enough. Bought this bad boy to step up my game and boy am I glad I did! More suction than one needs for car cleaning, great shop tool to have in the arsenal.
We had water in our basement from all of the heavy rain. It was the first time we'd ever had a problem like this, probably due to all of the moisture in the ground from the snow. It worked hard all weekend, almost without stopping. We would have incurred a large amount of damage if not for our Craftsman Wetvac, it was exactly what we needed.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Jul-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- BONUS DAYS Event! Extra 5% OR 12 months special financing on purchases over $299 with Sears Card. Offer ends 24-Jul-2014 See details.