Ratings & Reviews
More Suction Power than Shop-Vac and Ridgid*
This Craftsman XSP 16 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac offers innovative cleaning power technology designed to tackle the toughest cleanup projects at the jobsite, shop, garage or home. Vacuuming wood chunks, metal shards, nails or sawdust in the shop, clearing drywall chunks, broken glass and screws at the job site, liquid pickup in a flooded basement and lastly removing leaves and other debris from gutters (gutter kit sold seperately) are just a few of the projects XSP can handle. Innovative top-tray storage allows you to conveniently store items such as mechanics tools, power drills, screws or necessities on top of the vacuum so they are easily accessible when needed. On-board hose, accessory and power cord organizers eliminates unneeded hassle and reduces overall storage space. Equipped with an extra-large drain, it quickly empties the tank of liquids. An over 27 Foot cleaning reach (7’ Hose, 20’ Power Cord + Extension Wands) allows you to reach larger areas without unplugging the unit. The 2-1/2” diameter secure fit hose system keeps the hose in place during use. Heavy duty 360° swivel casters offer enhanced mobility on most surfaces, integrated ergonomic top handle provides comfort and easy transport. Quickly control the power with the large dust sealed on/off switch.
The Craftsman XSP 16 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac also quickly converts to a blower. Cleaning up at a messy jobsite, blasting dirt from the shop floor or fall leaves off the driveway can be done in a snap. It also includes a 9 Pc accessory set for nearly any situation.
- More Suction Power than Shop-Vac and Ridgid*
- Tackles the toughest jobs. Vacuums away wood chunks, metal shards, nails or sawdust in the shop. Clears drywall chunks, broken glass and screws at the job site. Drains flooded basements and removes leaves and other debris from gutters (gutter kit sold seperately) just to name a few.
- Larger 16 Gallon collection tank with extra-large quick empty liquid drain
- Powerful 6.5 peak HP motor makes short work of jobs
- Top tray storage conveniently stores items such as mechanics tools, power drills, screws and needed tools on top of the vacuum so they are easily accessible when needed
- On-board hose, accessory and power cord organizers provide space saving, convenient and hassle-free storage
- Over 27 Foot Cleaning Reach (7’ x 2-1/2 In. Secure Fit Hose, 20’ Power Cord and Two Extension Wands)
- Heavy duty 360° swivel casters for enhanced mobility on most surfaces
- Also includes hose bracket set, cartridge filter, wet pickup foam filter, crevice tool, utility nozzle and floor/ squeegee nozzle combo
- Large dust sealed on/off switch for easy control and ergonomic handle for improved comfort
- Quickly converts to a blower for jobsite, shop or garage cleanup
* Craftsman XSP 16 Gallon #12007 compared to Ridgid WD1851 and Shop-Vac 966-16-11; measured by air watts
Added on July 18, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have one of these 6.5HP Vacs hooked up in my workshop as a source capture fume extractor/ Dust collector/ Blower/ ventilation and central garage vac system with a HEPA filter and 4 lengths of hose plus it vents through the wall. It does it all so my wife uses it for the house with 4 lengths of hose so it works like a central vac on steroids! In the house she says it can suck up a small child and she likes it better than any house vac( including central vac) she has ever used, especially with the HEPA filter. The hose is super light yet is long enough to get anywhere in the house. Now I need to buy her one just for the house so she can use it when she needs it. We must really like it if we are gonna have two of them!
Replaced older shop vac. Hooked to a cyclone dust separator and tested with cleaning pellet stove. Great suction and air flow even with loss from the dust separator.
I bought the 6.5 Peak HP 16 gallon and out of the box the one latch did not hold the motor section to the canister. You can look at both latches and one is angled inward and the other that does not work is angled outward. It doe snot engage the latch bosses. Overall I like the appearance but another disappointing but minor issue is if your like most the most people one of the most commonly used attachments is the small circular brush which for some reason (well I pretty know why) they do not include it in the accessory kit. So you have to go out and buy one for about $10.00. It seems like a good unit but someone really messed it up on the latch design there are many ways to design a latching system but how in the heck they would decide on this is beyond me. Maybe first project of a Engineer.
Quiter but less suction than the previous model, Rocker on off switch went bad in 9 months, the old ones had the problem too, but for this one the switch is not listed as a "part" so I would have to return it for warranty repair which is very inconvenient vs replacing a switch in 10 minutes. I guess I'll just have to mount a replacement single pole switch somehow.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.