Ratings & Reviews
Offers more Suction Power than Shop-Vac* to Tackle the Toughest Jobs
This Craftsman XSP 20 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac offers innovative cleaning power technology designed to tackle the toughest cleanup projects at the jobsite, shop, garage or home. Vacuuming wood chunks, metal shards, nails or sawdust in the shop, clearing drywall chunks, broken glass and screws at the job site, liquid pickup in a flooded basement and lastly removing leaves and other debris from gutters (gutter kit sold seperately) are just a few of the projects XSP can handle. Innovative top-tray storage allows you to conveniently store items such as mechanics tools, power drills, screws or necessities on top of the vacuum so they are easily accessible when needed. On-board hose, accessory and power cord organizers eliminates unneeded hassle and reduces overall storage space. Equipped with an extra-large drain, it quickly empties the tank of liquids. An over 27 Foot cleaning reach (7’ Hose, 20’ Power Cord + Extension Wands) allows you to reach larger areas without unplugging the unit. The 2-1/2” diameter secure fit hose system keeps the hose in place during use. Heavy duty 360° swivel casters offer enhanced mobility on most surfaces, integrated ergonomic top handle provides comfort and easy transport. Air/noise diffuser reduces air blowback and operating noise during use. Quickly control the power with the large dust sealed on/off switch.
The Craftsman XSP 20 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac also quickly converts to a blower. Cleaning up at a messy jobsite, blasting dirt from the shop floor or fall leaves off the driveway can be done in a snap. It also includes a 10 Pc accessory set for nearly any situation.
- Offers more Suction Power than Shop-Vac*
- Tackles the toughest jobs. Vacuums away wood chunks, metal shards, nails or sawdust in the shop. Clears drywall chunks, broken glass and screws at the job site. Drains flooded basements and removes leaves and other debris from gutters (gutter kit sold seperately) just to name a few.
- Largest available 20 Gallon collection tank with extra-large quick empty liquid drain
- Powerful 6.5 peak HP motor makes short work of jobs
- Top tray storage conveniently stores items such as mechanics tools, power drills, screws and needed tools on top of the vacuum so they are easily accessible when needed
- On-board hose, accessory and power cord organizers provide space saving, convenient and hassle-free storage
- Over 27 Foot Cleaning Reach (7’ x 2-1/2 In. Secure Fit Hose, 20’ Power Cord and Two Extension Wands)
- Heavy duty 360° swivel casters for enhanced mobility on most surfaces
- Air/noise diffuser reduces air blowback and operating noise
- Also includes hose bracket set, cartridge filter, wet pickup foam filter, crevice tool, utility nozzle and floor/ squeegee nozzle combo
- Large dust sealed on/off switch for easy control and ergonomic handle for improved comfort
- Quickly converts to a blower for jobsite, shop or garage cleanup
* Craftsman XSP 20 gallon #12009 compared to Shop-Vac 966-20-11; measured by air watts
Added on July 20, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
New Springfield, OH
I have had another shop vac from sears but this one is much better than the last one I had. It has a lot more features that my other one had and picks up so much better. I would recommend this product.
Fond du Lac, WI
Excellent choice with the larger capacity and still has very good suction to pick up the water from the floor and overall house useage.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
I purchased this product to vacuum my car and clean up my garage/shop. Because of the very cold winter, I was not able to work in my garage/shop with comfort until recently. I made this purchase on 23Feb-2014 and by the time the weather cooperated, I used the product and discovered the problems. Upon request to return, I am told that I am too late for a return. This is very disappointing, because this product really is not satisfactory. When I vacuum, the dust and dirt, goes outside of the unit, coats the unit and spreads in the air around the room. I have had other Shop/Vacs and I have never experienced this problem. The top is supposed to seal to the bottom. If you purchase this product, you should wear breathing protection and not expect to end up with a clean car or shop. I have been a very loyal customer of Sears and Craftsman products, but with this experience, I must reconsider.
After looking for all the shop vacs and comparing the performances; i.e., Air Watts , CFM, inches of H20, this all relates to performance specs. All Craftsman says is "it out performs the Shop Vac Brand mdl. 966-20-11" Air Watts= 390 and CFM is 210. Rigid vac has one that will do 60 inches water suction , that is pressure differential, that is a good number with flow. i was still hesitant to get this one, Why did they do this? it is not that hard to post real testing performance numbers. What do they have to hide? Beyond all that, i got this 20 gallon Craftsman and it does out perform my Shop Vac 6.0 Hp QSP that i used for wood shop dust collection. This XSP Craftsman keeps up and asks for more chips from my 13" Delta planer 375 that has a blower built in to push the chips. XSP has great CFM at the end of the 2-1/2_ 20 foot hose to pull all the saw dust from my router table. By the way this is the same hose used for the Planer and to all my other setups. Bottom line, it is a great machine, the suction noise is louder than the motor running. The tools storage is well laid out, the hose will wrap around the top and it easy to tote with the top handle. The wheels move nicely, unlike the large wheeled cady that i have on the old Craftsman vac. Like it seems any more, all things built in China. BTW, My old Craftsman 16 gallon 2.5 Hp vac, i have had 25 years in a body shop, just now the bearings are making noise, those were from Spain at the time.
This is a replacement for an earlier model where the motor brushes wore out. I use this mainly for dust control so the machine is on a lot. This new one seems to have better air movement (suction) than the older model.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Aug-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get $10 back in points when placing a tool order online for $99 and choosing free store pick up. Offer ends 23-Aug-2014 See details.