Craftsman 190cc* 4-N-1 Plus Chipper/Shredder Yard VacuumSears Exclusive. | Item# 07177013000 | Model# 77013
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Bagger Capacity (bushels):||2|
|Chipper Capacity (in.):||1.5|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (qt.):||1.5|
|Color and Styling:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||135.0 lbs.|
|Reduction Ratio:||8 to 1|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Assembly Required:||Fully Assembled|
|Engine Brand:||Briggs & Stratton(r)|
|Engine Series:||190cc 6.75 torque|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||190|
|Maximum Torque (ft-lb):||6.75|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Front Tire Size:||8 in.|
|Rear Tire Size:||8 in.|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|CARB Compliant:||CARB Compliant|
Ratings & Reviews
The Craftsman Chipper/Shredder Yard Vacuum Picks It Up And Bags It With Power
Whether you’re clearing a putting green, flower bed or cleaning-up after a storm, this powerful 4-N-1 Plus Craftsman chipper/shredder yard vacuum makes it easy to get your yard looking its best. Eliminate back-straining labor and wasted time, cruise easily though the yard picking up twigs, sticks and leaves while turning them into mulch at the same time. And when you're finished, rest assured that the errant yard waste will be neatly packaged in the 2-bushel capacity rear bag.
With a wide 24 inch nozzle, you can get the yard or green cleared in less passes, while the adjustable height ensures you're able to pick-up all kinds of yard waste. An onboard vacuum hose brings a reach you can use to clean under decks, in between tight flower beds and give your vehicle that deep-clean it needs to stay rust-free and last longer. With the right tools, you’re able to do a complete job and get more from what you own.
One of the best features of this chipper/shredder yard vacuum is its anti-clog self-cleaning system that breaks up large clumps of sticks and leaves, eliminating the need to stop your progress until the bag is full, and with a 8:1 reduction ratio, it'll take a lot of ground to fill this bag. No matter how full your bag gets, rest assured that the self propelled, semi-pneumatic wheels will provide the traction and maneuverability you need to move quickly across even the roughest terrain, and get the mulch where you need it. If you're interested in a quick clean without the bag, you can reverse this vacuum into a powerful blower in minutes, too! Versatile, durable and built to last, this Craftsman chipper/shredder yard vacuum will provide the clean lawn and yard you need while eliminating much of the work you used to need to get it.
- Briggs & Stratton® 190cc* 6.75 torque engine Powerful, long-lasting engine life for maximum performance
- Self-Propelled/Rear Drive Easy to use and reduces your overall clean up time
- Extremely versatile tool that makes quick work of cleanup by vacuuming, shredding, chipping, blowing, and bagging
- 8:1 performance reduction Reduces debris from 8 bags down to 1, providing a more efficient cleanup
- 24 in. vacuum nozzle Vacuums up lawn debris quickly and easily, with ability to clean along fence lines and in tight areas
- Advanced chipper chute Easily breaks down sticks, twigs and branches up to 1.5 in. in diameter
- Felt-line rear bag 2 bushel capacity that requires emptying the bag less often, saving time and energy
- On-board vacuum hose - Perfect for clearing leaves and debris from flower beds, under decks, and other hard-to-reach areas
- Blower attachment (included) Completes the ultimate clean up tool with the blowing force to move all types of debris
- Ergonomic handle Provides added comfort and control while reducing user fatigue
- 5-position height adjuster Adjustable from 3/8 in. to 4 in. to accommodate varying yard debris
- Semi-pneumatic front/rear wheels Easy to maneuver, and provides added control and durability
- Anti-clog self cleaning system Saves time and enhances durability, increasing longevity of unit
- 1-year full warranty
*as rated by engine manufacturer
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Out of box set up real easy and nice. Ran it for twenty-five minutes before what appears to be a broken belt. Call customer service and was told return it for a new one or bring in for service. The bag is too small. I am getting the same amount of leaves picked up with my bagging lawn mower. if you have a reasonable size lawn and many leaves this is not the one for you. Never tried the hose attachment, it did seem clumsy hanging off the side of the unit. A real disappointment overall.
I've had the Chipper/Shredder/Vacuum for 3 years. The bag has come completely at apart. The replacement cost for the bag is 45% of the total cost of the machine.$243.00. Just be very very careful with the bag.
Following the instructions, assembly was a breeze. It's a nice thought that a bottle of engine oil was included as that helped in getting this rig up and running. Ergonomics is not the best. The handle is non-adjustable and a little too low for taller statured users. The engine starter rope is long and takes nearly the entire length of pull to start the engine in cooler weather. The self-propelled deck is too fast at the slowest setting so minor adjustment is still in order. Managed to clear about a quarter acre when the chipper jammed on a piece of wood mulch during a bag change. Despite these issues I look forward to continued use through the fall.
I got this item thinking it the bag size would be an issue since it would be shredding the leaves, well it didn't shred the leaves as fine as i had hoped so i ended up emptying the bag ever 3 mins. I noticed I could clean up my yard just as fast with my blower and rake. If you decide to get one of these beware, it really loud and doesn't have very good fuel consumption, I had to refill mine during use with a lot of leaves left to clean up. The only good thing about it is that it works well getting leaves out of your flower beds , I could use my shop vac for that. Anyways I have scheduled a return of the item and I am still looking for an alternative. Hope the insight is helpful to others.
It is nice that it is not as heavy as other machine. I had an old model -15 years old or so- and it was a monster to use so sold that one and bought this new one. Second time use and the little pins closing the bag fell and I couldnt find it...they are tiny screws type and hard to replace; ok, under warranty Sears send me a new bag! then the Nozzle to switch to the hose broke... it is just bad design and very cheap components... ok now Sears is sending me the entire front part and a technician to repair it. Considering returning the thing after only 3 times using it. Very disspapointed with something that has the "Craftsman" name and the Sears store name
bag fills too quickly and doesn't decompose all leaves. This makes it time consuming in an area that has heavy leaves as here in New England. Quicker to rake and blow leaves. Possible to grind up first and then use bagger second time around
It is very hard to start, the bag is not all that easy designed to empty into a trash bag and it doesn't mulch as good as I thought it should. I do like the suction and power propelled. I am glad I got the 2 year in home maintenance contract. I am sure I will see a lot of the service man when I am unable to start. I will keep it because when it does start it does a good job on the leave on the drive. Have not tried the vacuum hose, really don't have a use for it, so I did not install it.
overall works pretty well so far, hose does clog some if you pick up too many at a time but not anything one can't work around.. unit is heavy and loud.. will update as I get to use it more
The machine works as advertised. Where it would have taken 3 hours to clean up the leaves it takes 1/2 hour. Dry leaves are turned into dust. Works well on leaves that are not dry
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 29-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.