Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||28.0 lbs.|
|Cold Cranking Amps (CCA at 0 deg.F):||500|
|Reserve Capacity (RC):||75 min.|
|Design & Construction:|
|Container Material:||Polypropylene (PP)|
|Number of Cells:||6|
|Terminal Post Location:||Top|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|Free Replacement Warranty Term:||18 months|
Ratings & Reviews
The DieHard Battery for Cold-Morning Confidence
Get the DieHard Automotive Battery 51R to give yourself confidence on cold mornings and in dark parking lots. This affordable battery gets your car going every time. It was designed for your climate, so it's reliable everywhere you have to drive. Since it is truly maintenance-free, you can count on never needing a jump, even when the car sits in the garage for a while. Get where you're going on time-start with the DieHard.
The DieHard Automotive Battery is reliable and affordable. It gives you 500 cold cranking amps at zero degrees, the power it needs to start your engine without fail. It also offers an 80-minute reserve capacity, to run your car lights and accessories for longer without draining. Because it was made to be maintenance-free, you never have to take care of your battery. It takes care of you.
- The DieHard Automotive Battery 51R starts every time, to give you cold-weather confidence
- The value-priced car battery that's the tough reliable choice
- The 500 CCA, Cold cranking amperes, means it gives your car all the power it needs in zero-degree freezing conditions
- The 80 minutes of reserve power means it will power your lights and accessories when you need them
- The maintenance-free feature lets you forget about your car battery
- Check with Sears for the details of the great DieHard warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on February 28, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Virginia Beach, VA
It was no problem to swap out my CRV original battery with this one. The Sears battery was not fully charged when I picked it up, so I topped it off after installation.
I bought the other battery from Sears on July 4 2010, and July 17 2013 it went dead. If it had just gone dead 2 weeks earlier it would have been a free replacement. But I had to pay $21 to trade the dead battery for the new one as it was under prorated warranty now. 3 years is the shortest time I've ever had a battery last. Not inclined to buy another, but at 2 years and 11 months, I'm going to get the free battery check at Sears just in case.
So far, I have the battery installed for only 4 days. I have no complaint yet, but the replacement warranty is good for 18 months, I let wait and see the result in the next 12 months....
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Corte Madera, CA
I bought a new DieHard car battery two months ago. Then if I left the car sit for a few days the battery would be dead. This caused repeated inconveniences. Yesterday I had a garage check the car charging and electrical system and it is okay. They charged the battery at the garage, tested it, and the the battery failed. Today I took the battery to the Sears and asked for a warranty replacement. They tested the battery and it failed. I was told that they would have to charge the battery again and re-test it. After that they told me the battery tested as good. I asked them to retest it again in front of me, and result was the battery needs charging. I asked what they means, and a knowledgeable mechanic in the garage said that sometimes a new battery will have a bad cell and not hold a charge. He told the salesman to replace the battery. The salesman continued to argue with me, saying that the battery is good, he has worked there four years and has never had a bad new battery.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Online Only! Save $50 on Sears Automotive Orders of $400 or more with code SAVE50 Offer ends 06-Dec-2013 See details.
- Extra 5% off on Automotive Accessories and batteries Sold by Sears! Exclusions apply. Offer ends 06-Dec-2013 See details.