Specifications & Dimensions
|Auto Resetting Circuit Breaker:||Yes|
|Automatic Shut Off:||Yes|
|Reverse Polarity Protection:||Yes|
|Color/Finish:||Black and Silver|
|Output Voltage:||6, 12|
Ratings & Reviews
DieHard Platinum 6V Is Compact With Big Power
DieHard 6v Battery Charger and Maintainer with its 3-amp charge keeps batteries for cars, trucks, ATVs, boats, motorcycles and lawn mowers charged and maintained for you-even on those vehicles with intermittent use. Easily charge your battery by following the precise instructions on the easy to read digital display. The charger is designed for you to connect effortlessly to your battery with multiple connector choices including 50-amp clamps, a 12V accessory plug or ring connectors. This unit is controlled by a microprocessor and programmed to not allow overcharging.
With safety in mind, DieHard Platinum 6V provides reverse hook-up protection which shuts the charger off if the clamps are inadvertently placed incorrectly on the battery. Float-Mode Monitoring maintains your battery charge by keeping your battery at normal voltage.
- DieHard 6v Battery Charger and Maintainer automatically chooses the battery's voltage for you when connected saving you time and effort
- A hook attachment allows you to suspend the unit out of your work zone to keep you safe
- Easy to follow instructions on the digital display guides you through the charging procedure
- The unit is designed to be wholly automated-it prevents overcharging by switching to a preservation mode when charging is completed
- Produced in black and silver, the unit is designed compact to make it portable and easy to carry with you
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on November 01, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Colorado Springs, CO
Led readout is easy to read and tells when the battery is charged and on auto maintaining the battery charge. I use it for my lawn tractor battery and it works very well.
This item is a must have if you store a car for periods of time. It also has an adapter for your cigarette lighter or 12 volt plug in the car so you can plug it into that instead or connecting to your car battery. It will charge then trickle charge. I am not affiliated with kmart or sears or craftsman. I may receive a reward for my review.
love how this charger tells what percentage of charge you have and slowly charges and maintains a battery! Works as good as the heavily recommended C-TEC and looks like it too; has a convenient handle to hang from your hood when charging for a long time..
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
I have four larger chargers but since buying this one, the others rarely get used. If a battery dies, I'll usually bring out one of the heavier duty chargers but if I'm just concerned because a battery has sat or because I've used a vehicle's accessories too much without the car started, this is the charger I use. You can't ask for more from a status standpoint. It tests the battery, begins the charge, and then let's you know by percent how what progress has been made. I've had one for quite a while and just bought another to use as a maintainer for a tractor that sits a lot.
Los Angeles, CA
I purchased on a last minute need to charge my battery. I was wondering why I waited so long to buy it. It slowly charges the battery and once charged switches to maintenance mode. Wish I bought it sooner!!!
I have three of these and they work great at keeping your batteries up to snuff. Also important in a cold climate is keeping the batteries from freezing, which is another reason to get a batter tender like this. Make sure you check yours when you get it home to make sure it works - I got one dud out my three, but it was exchanged happily for a working unit.
So I bought this because my battery decides to Die on my Truck every other week if I don't drive it. I have a HUGE battery let me add 1079 CA and 875 CCA . so after the reviews I did not think it would charge my battery all the way. When I got it I read the instructions right away. It said there are a few different modes and after reading about them. I see why people love this so much. I hooked it up and my battery was only 25 percent charge. It took about 8 hours or so give or take. It was at 95 percent and I had to go so I put it in the truck. And it sounded like the first day I got it. I did not even get into Maintain mode which helps fix cells and such. I own a Motor Craft Battery. OEM for my Truck. And this is a must have if you have a small Draw and cant find it or just having battery issues. Keep your batteries going. I did get it on Sale, but even at 45 dollars its a steel for the Technology.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- $40 off your $400 purchase of Auto Accessories and Tires sold by Sears with code 40BUCKS Offer ends 18-Apr-2015 See details.
- Members get $10 back in points on a qualifying purchase of $75 or more. Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 18-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.