- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Kicks Off Its Father's Day Miniature Golf Classic
- Craftsman Brand & DC Comics Present the Tale of the Technician
- Craftsman Brand Calls For a House United
- Craftsman Make a Difference Tour Assists Communities
- Craftsman Brand Delivers High-Tech Innovation at CES
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. (February 23, 2010)
For the first time Craftsman will sell directly to new retail channel to improve customer accessibility and convenience
OAK BROOK and HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Feb. 19 /PRNewswire/
Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand, will now be sold through Ace Hardware stores. In May, approximately 100 Ace stores will begin selling Craftsman products.
Under the first phase of the agreement, qualifying Ace stores will be able to sell the Craftsman brand including hand tools, portable power tools, compressors, wet/dry vacs and tool storage. As the number one tool brand in America, Craftsman continued to increase its popularity in 2009 among Americans who want to take on DIY projects with a tool they can trust to get the job done.p>
In June, Ace will promote a number of Craftsman products, giving all 4,500 Ace stores the opportunity to offer the Craftsman brand to customers. "This alliance will reinforce Ace stores as a premium destination for customers shopping for tools and other quality core hardware products," said Ray Griffith, Ace president and chief executive officer. "Bringing the nationally-trusted Craftsman brand to the aisles of the most helpful hardware stores in America will benefit both our retailers and customers."
"This is an exciting, strategic move that expands access to Craftsman tools for existing and new customers," said Bruce Johnson, interim chief executive officer and president for Sears Holdings. "Offering an assortment of Craftsman products more broadly through Ace locations will strengthen the Craftsman brand, which already has an incredible reputation for innovation, quality and trust".
For more than 80 years, Craftsman has developed innovative products. Craftsman was ranked as the most trusted tool brand in America in the 2008 Harris Interactive Equitrend Brand Study. For more information on Craftsman's wide selection of products, visit www.craftsman.com.
About Ace Hardware
For more than 85 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the helpful hardware store by both customers and communities. In 2009, Ace ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction among Home Improvement Stores for the Third Consecutive Year," according to J.D. Power and Associates. With approximately 4,500 locally owned and operated hardware, home center and building materials stores, Ace is the largest hardware cooperative in the industry. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace currently operates 14 distribution centers in the U.S. and one in Shanghai, China, and its retailers' stores are located in all 50 states and more than 60 countries. For more information on Ace, visit www.acehardware.com.
About Sears, Roebuck and Co:
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading broadline retailer providing merchandise and related services. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through more than 2,300 Sears-branded and affiliated stores in the United States and Canada, which includes approximately 929 full-line and approximately 1,200 specialty stores in the U.S. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com, and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, DieHard and Lands' End -- among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.