News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Kicks Off Its Father's Day Miniature Golf Classic
- Craftsman Brand & DC Comics Present the Tale of the Technician
- Craftsman Brand Calls For a House United
- Craftsman Make a Difference Tour Assists Communities
- Craftsman Brand Delivers High-Tech Innovation at CES
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
THE CRAFTSMAN BRAND HAS THE AWARD-WINNING TOOLS TO NAIL 2012 DIY PROJECTS
Hoffman Estates, Ill. (Dec. 2, 2011)
Recent Survey Reveals More Than Three-Quarters of Men Plan on Tackling a DIY Project in the New Year
Hoffman Estates, Ill. (Dec. 2, 2011)
It might not be time to make a New Year resolution just yet, but a recent study conducted by the Craftsman brand and Kelton Research showed that taking on a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) project will be on the 2012 to-do list of most men. According to the study, more than three-quarters of men (77 percent) plan on tackling some sort of DIY project in 2012. And to help jump start the next phase of the DIY movement, the Craftsman brand has launched a record-breaking 70 new tools that will be in stores for this holiday season. This latest round of innovation has caught the eye of DIY industry experts Craftsman tools secured 19 awards and recognitions in 2011, placing the brand at the top of its class across many categories.
The survey also identifies top DIY trends for 2012, ranging from projects big and small both in and outside of the home. Men said landscaping (49 percent), making property improvements, like building retaining walls or laying patio bricks (34 percent) or fixing a deck (27 percent) top the list of outdoor projects. Others plan to focus the work inside and will install shelves / storage systems (30 percent) or light fixtures (27 percent); assemble, repair or refinish furniture (24 percent); or install or repair appliances (23 percent).
he Craftsman brand is serious about its commitment to build products that are innovative, high-quality, durable and that deliver great value to customers every day,said Kris Malkoski, vice president and general manager of the Craftsman brand. ith Craftsman tools available through multiple channels and over 6,000 tools at Sears, DIYers can check off any project on their 2012 to-do list with confidence. The recent industry acknowledgements for Craftsman give customers peace of mind that they are buying a top-notch product.
To get the job done right guys will need the necessary equipment. However, only 15 percent of those surveyed are packing the newest tools the remaining 85 percent are relying on a tool collection that old, outdated or at best, has a couple of new items thrown in the mix. Understandably, many tool-toting men would like to add or replace some items in their set in the coming year. Cordless power tools, like a cordless drill, are king according to the survey, with 29 percent of respondents choosing that category, followed by bench power tools such as a disc sander or table saw (20 percent) and ratchets and sockets (10 percent).
Now, upgrading a tool collection with confidence has never been easier. From power tools to hand tools to lawn and garden, the Craftsman brand has been honored with 19 recognitions for its top innovations, including ower Tool Brand of the Yearby the Harris Poll 2011 EquiTrendstudy and for the third consecutive year, op Hand Tool Brandby the Popular Mechanics Reader Choice Award. In addition, Popular Science magazine bestowed its est of What Newrecognition on its revolutionary Craftsman Quick BoostCharger.
For a full list of the Craftsman brand awards, visit Craftsman.com. Customers can now find these award-winning products at Sears the home for Craftsman tools. Only Sears provides the service, shopping options and access to the full assortment of 6,000 Craftsman tools. ACE, Costco and Orchard Supply now offer select Craftsman tool lines.
To make shopping fast and easy, the Craftsman brand is identifying its top 25 tool gifts with a uysFavorites Guaranteed**sign inside Sears stores. The items will be located in prominent areas of the tools department at Sears stores such as the 2011 Gift Bar, in main aisle bulk stacks, on holiday end caps or in line, making it simple for gift givers to find the Craftsman tools on their loved oneswish lists.
For more information on the survey, visit www.craftsman.com. For more information on the award-winning innovations and 84-year history of the Craftsman brand, log on to www.craftsman.com or www.facebook.com/craftsman.
|This Old House||Top 100: Best New Home Products of 2011||QuickBoost Charger|
|Handy||2011 Popular Science Best of What's New Award: Home Technology||QuickBoost Charger|
|Popular Science||2011 Popular Science Best of What's New Award: Home Technology||QuickBoost Charger|
|Popular Mechanics||2011 Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award: Favorite "Hand Tool" Brand||Hand Tools|
|Harris Poll||Harris Interactive America's Top Power Tool Brand Award||Power Tools|
|WOOD Magazine||Innov8 Awards||QuickBoost Charger|
*About the Survey The Craftsman Tools Survey was conducted by Kelton Research between June 7th and June 14th, 2011 via email invitation and an online survey to a sample of 524 nationally representative American women ages 18+ and 552 nationally representative men ages 18+. Quotas were set to ensure reliable and accurate representation. Results of any sample are subject to sampling variation. The magnitude of the variation is measurable and is affected by the number of interviews and the level of the percentages expressing the results. In this particular study, the chances are 95 in 100 that a survey result does not vary, plus or minus, by more than 4.3 percentage points (females) or 4.2 percentage points (males) from the result that would be obtained if interviews had been conducted with all persons in the universe represented by the sample. All tools in the survey were Craftsman brand.
** If they don love it, the Sears store return policy has you covered. See return policy for details.
About Sears Holdings Corporation Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with over 4,000 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2011 ENERGY STARRetail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com. |Twitter: @searsholdings | |Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SHCCareers