News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
Consumers Choose Craftsman as One of America Most Reliable Brands
HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL
There is something comforting about a Craftsman wrench, according to the 1.2 million consumer interviews conducted in 2008 via the online BrandIndex poll.
Craftsman scored well because "there is a feeling out there like the world may be screwed up out there, but I can depend on my tools," said Michael Margolis, president of marketing consultancy Thirsty-Fish. It is "an issue of confidence. People are wondering, 'What brands can I really trust?'"
Ted Marzilli, general manager of the BrandIndex, agreed. Craftsman is "not showy or flashy. But it is well-known, reasonably priced and good quality." The BrandIndex, conducted by the YouGovPolimetrix research company, polls 5,000 consumers over the age of 18 weekly. They are asked to rate six brand health indicators: quality, satisfaction, willingness to recommend, value, image and reputation.
Craftsman consistently is named one of America top brands in surveys and polls conducted by branding, advertising, consumer goods and retail organizations.