News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
THE CRAFTSMAN® BRAND UNVEILS THE ULTIMATE WORKSHOP WITH THE OPENING OF THE CRAFTSMAN EXPERIENCE
Adam Carolla to Open Chicago Venue That Combines Hands-On Work Stations and Project Demos With a Live Social Media Studio
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. (August 24, 2010) - For woodworkers, carpenters, mechanics, lawn and garden enthusiasts and DIYers of all skill levels, your dream space has arrived! The Craftsman brand is opening the doors this Thursday to the Craftsman Experience, a downtown Chicago venue that combines hands-on project stations, live demos and clinics and a one-of-a-kind Craftsman retail store that bring visitors closer than ever to America's most trusted tool brand. And you don't have to come to Chicago to go inside the Craftsman Experience. Built with an internet audience in mind, the Craftsman Experience will stream special events live over the Web and serve as the studio for an internet-based radio station. Carpenter turned comedian Adam Carolla will serve as master of ceremonies for opening night, performing a live stand-up routine and putting his DIY skills to use at the Craftsman Experience project stations.
"The Craftsman Experience is a truly unique venue that will bring our products to life for those who step inside and those who join us via the internet," said Guenther Trieb, president of the Craftsman brand, Sears Holdings. "This is the latest in a series of strategic moves by each of our brands Craftsman, DieHard and Kenmore to get closer to our customers. The 'Experience' expands access to Craftsman for existing and new, younger customers. We've already had success with customer outreach -- Craftsman and DieHard have launched viral videos which dramatically demonstrate how our products can endure torture tests. And the Kenmore Live Studio has driven its fan base on Facebook to over 100,000 -- a fan number that Craftsman recently surpassed as well, even before the 'Experience' opens."
"To fully appreciate our products, you need to be able to touch, feel and test them for yourself and see them in action through a wide variety of projects," said Kris Malkoski, vice president and general manager of the Craftsman brand. "The Craftsman Experience is a location that allows us to create that level of interaction."
Visitors to the Craftsman Experience will find hands-on activities and clinics at three unique project stations highlighting woodworking tools, automotive and mechanics tools, and lawn and garden products. Project experts will walk visitors through the features and benefits of various tools, allow them to test them out for themselves, and showcase everyday applications. Other specialists will appear at the Craftsman Experience for special events and clinics that will put Craftsman products to the test in unexpected ways.
Broadcasting live from the Craftsman Experience, an internet-based radio station will keep fans updated on all the happenings inside, featuring interviews with special guests and project experts. Fans can call in or participate in online Q and A during the live broadcasts. A Craftsman retail store will also allow Craftsman fans to take home product innovations to help them get started on their next project.
If you have a computer and an internet connection, you've got a ticket to the Craftsman Experience. When the Experience is open, the lights and cameras come on, sharing the clinics and special programs with online viewers via streaming video. Sessions will also be available on Facebook.com/Craftsman through archived footage for those who missed a favorite presenter. Located at 233 W. Huron in Chicago's downtown River North neighborhood, the Craftsman Experience will be open Thursdays and Fridays from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Visitors to Craftsman.com can find a schedule of events that will be broadcast online.
For more than 80 years, the Craftsman brand has developed innovative products. The Craftsman brand was ranked as the most trusted tool brand in America in the 2008 Harris Interactive Equitrend Brand Study. For more information, log on to www.craftsman.com.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with approximately 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, home electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2010 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.