News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
Craftsman® Introduces New Turn Tight™ Technology on Craftsman Yard and Garden Tractors
Lets Users Cut around Obstacles on a Non-Zero Turn Tractor Closer than Ever Before
ORLANDO, Fla. (International Builders Show)
Craftsman introduces the new Turn Tight™ feature on its Yard and Garden Tractors in 2011. Amongst leading brands, Craftsman Turn Tight™ tractors offer the tightest turning radius available on a non-zero turn tractor. All Craftsman Turn Tight™ yard tractors and garden tractors have a turning radius of just eight inches.
With Craftsman consumer insights showing tight turning radius as the number one purchase driver amongst customers looking to make an investment in a premium tractor, the introduction of this feature meets a demand and helps customers achieve their desired manicured look quickly and easily.
The new Craftsman Turn Tight™ tractors lets the user cut around tight areas created by trees, shrubs and small landscape beds closer than ever before, in some instances eliminating the need to finish off the area with a string trimmer. In open areas, Turn Tight™ also allows the user to turn around more quickly and easily, without the need to reverse, for parallel-path mowing.
The new Turn Tight™ technology will be available across Craftsman"s line of Yard and Garden Tractors in early March for $1,399.99 - $2,799.99 at Sears stores nationwide.
- Engine Horsepower: 21-26, Briggs and Stratton and Kohler Engines
- Engine Cylinders: 1-2
- Fuel Capacity: 2.5-4 gallons
- Cutting Blades: 2 high-lift, 3-in-1 blade
- Cutting Positions: 6-12
- Deck Cut Width: 42-54 inches
- Wheel Size: front: 15 inches, rear: 20 inches
- Transmission: hydro-fender and foot pedal
- Turning Radius: Tight Turn: 8 inches
- Warranty: FREE Limited Lifetime Axel Warranty
Craftsman® Expands Nextec 12-Volt Platform to Include Lawn and Garden
New NEXTEC Lawn and Garden Innovations to be added to Arsenal in early 2011
ORLANDO, Fla. (International Builders Show)
Craftsman announces the expansion of their popular NEXTEC 12-volt line into lawn and garden with three new products to be released in 2011. These new tools offer users a convenient, total tool solution as the battery is interchangeable across the product line, is easy to use and great for small area gardening and yard maintenance. They include the NEXTEC Grass Trimmer and Edger, Telescoping and Rotational Hedge Trimmer and the 3-in-1 Garden Tool. Designed to be compact and lightweight, the Craftsman NEXTEC lawn and garden tools are ideal for urban home owners, condo owners and rooftop gardeners who have small areas to maintain.
Craftsman NEXTEC Grass Trimmer and Edger: This convenient and lightweight trimmer is equipped with a flail cutting system which produces a full nine-inch diameter cutting swath. Using a high density plastic flail, this trimmer and edger combination leaves grass looking healthy, neatly trimmed and ready for new growth. A full plastic shield maximizes debris control during both trimming and edging. The telescoping shaft adjusts with a simple lever to match the user"s perfect height. A rotating head lets the user pull double-duty by transforming it from a trimmer into an edger, with a twist of the handle. This feature rotates the motor a full 90 degrees, making it ready for edging along sidewalks, walking paths or flower gardens.
Other features include a bail grip handle that provides up to 15 degrees of adjustment to help the user find the perfect hand and wrist grip combination. Onboard fail storage conveniently holds up to six additional blades for storage and quick exchange. The NEXTEC Grass Trimmer and Edger comes with a 12-volt lithium-ion battery, 30-minute charger and 12 replacement plastic flails. It will be available in early 2011 for $79.99.
Craftsman NEXTEC Articulating and Rotational Hedge Trimmer: The telescoping shaft on this hedge trimmer can extend up to 5 ½ total feet to trim those hard to reach bushes and shrubs. Additionally, an innovative 135-degree rotating head quickly adjusts with the twist of the wrist to lock into eight different positions. This feature provides the capability to trim flat tops on hedge rows and hard-to-reach undergrowth. The blades are laser cut with corrosion resistant hardened steel, allowing the tool to slice through shrub material up to 3/8 inch in diameter. The dual action blade movement provides a smooth, clean cut. The 12-inch blades are great for maintaining small hedges, bushes and roses. The NEXTEC Articulating and Rotational Hedge Trimmer comes with, a 12-volt lithium-ion battery and 30-minute charger. It will be available in early 2011 for $99.99.
Craftsman NEXTEC 3-in-1 Garden Tool: The 3-in-1 Garden Tool boasts an exclusive Craftsman design power head and three easy-to-use attachments for maintaining the plants and flowers, in-and- around your garden. With this tool, customers can trim the grass, maintain the hedges and easily loosen the soil around plants for proper ventilation and drainage. A grass shear attachment has three-inch hardened single action blades that work with a scissor-like action to cut through a variety of grasses and light vegetation – it"s perfect for trimming around flower beds, walkways and gardens. A hedge clipper attachment includes a dual action six-inch hardened steel blade that"s designed for getting into hard to reach areas, and is great for maintaining hedges, shrubs and roses. Another attachment has a three-finger reciprocating claw that quickly loosens and moves soil around flowers and plants, helping to reduce weed build-up, allowing water and air to reach the plant"s root system for healthy growth. The NEXTEC 3-in-1 Garden Tool comes with the power head, three attachments, 12-volt lithium-ion battery and 30-minute charger. It will be available in April 2011 for $99.99.
The 30-minute battery charger that comes with all these tools is equipped with SmartChip® Technology, which maintains the tool and battery performance by monitoring the battery from the three most harmful conditions – extreme temperature, over-charge and over-discharge. All of the NEXTEC lawn and garden items will be available at Craftsman.com and at Sears store locations.
For more than 80 years, Craftsman has developed innovative products. Craftsman was ranked as the most trusted Hand Tool brand and Lawn Mower brand in the 2010 Popular Mechanics Readers" Choice Awards. For more information, log on to www.craftsman.com or www.facebook.com/craftsman.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with approximately 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2010 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.