News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
THE CRAFTSMAN® BRAND NAMED TOP POWER TOOL IN NATIONWIDE BRAND SURVEY
Hoffman Estates, Ill. (Apr. 12, 2011)
Harris Poll EquiTrend® Brand of the Year Award is testament to the Craftsman brand 80-plus-year commitment to quality products and loyal customer base
Hoffman Estates, Ill. (Apr. 12, 2011)
In a January survey of more than 25,000 U.S. customers, the Craftsman brand was singled out as America top Power Tool brand. The 2011 Harris Poll EquiTrend® study, which was conducted online by Harris Interactive and covered 1,273 brands in 53 separate categories, awarded Craftsman Brand of the Year in the Power Tool category. The award is based on survey measurements involving brand equity, consumer connection, commitment, brand behavior, brand advocacy and trust.
"As the number one tool brand, Craftsman is serious about its commitment to build products that are innovative, high-quality, durable and deliver great value to customers every day. The results from the Harris Poll EquiTrend® survey reinforce Craftsman delivery on this commitment," said Scott Freidheim, president of Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard and executive vice president of Sears Holdings. "In 2011 alone, we will launch more than 70 new Craftsman products that directly address DIY challenges brought to our attention from our customers. By responding to customer needs and requirements, we build relationships that last a lifetime."
As a result of this commitment, the Craftsman name has been synonymous with trust for decades, inspiring brand loyalty among customers. Not only has the Craftsman brand been the gold standard for overall tool quality, it also stands for innovation in the development of power tools that increase both user productivity and safety. Craftsman is helping to transform the contents of the typical American garage and expanding the brand to the next level with new game-changing and best-in-class products that provide customer solutions, including:
- Craftsman NEXTEC QuickBoost™ Charger: Craftsman delivers a one-of-a-kind technology that is based on customer desire for time-saving products. This new charger can bring a completely dead battery back up to a 25 percent charge in just three minutes, providing the extra "boost" needed to finish up the job at hand something no other major brand can do. The QuickBoost™ Charger works with the full line of Craftsman NEXTEC 12V products. The Craftsman NEXTEC QuickBoost™ Charger will be available in May and will retail for $39.99.
- Craftsman NEXTEC G2 Hammerhead™ Auto Hammer: A first-of-its-kind product that eliminates the need to swing a hammer in tight spaces. Now, the second generation of the well-known Craftsman Hammerhead™ Auto Hammer, first introduced in 2009, features an articulating head that allows the user to access right angles (90 degrees) as well as awkward angles (45 degrees) and straight above the head (zero degrees) with ease. This innovative, automatic hammering action operates at a high speed, driving nails quickly and with minimal effort in finished wood and lumber. The Craftsman NEXTEC G2 Hammerhead Auto Hammer will be available in May and will retail for $99.99. The G2 Hammerhead™ comes with the tool, a 12-volt battery, carrying case and new Craftsman NEXTEC QuickBoost™ Charger.
- Craftsman NEXTEC 12-volt Right Angle Impact Driver: The 90-degree head and compact design of the driver fits into tight areas and corners where a screwdriver won fit, allowing access to work inches closer to the fastener for improved control and accuracy. The Craftsman NEXTEC Right Angle Impact Driver drives screws at 0-2,200 RPM and produces 700 pounds of torque. It features an ergonomic lightweight design, weighing in at 2.2 pounds with battery, and has a 1/4-inch quick connect for fast bit changes, all of which makes handling the tool simple and intuitive. The Craftsman NEXTEC Right Angle Impact Driver kit comes with the driver, one battery, charger, four driving accessories and soft carrying case and retails for $99.99.
- Craftsman C3 Impact Driver: This impact driver delivers best-in-class torque when used with a full sized 19.2-volt lithium-ion battery. It has an impressive 1,500 pounds of torque and zero to 3,500 impacts per minute (RPM) to drive long screws or lag bolts with ease. The tool is part of the Craftsman brand robust line of C3 cordless tools, which is powered by one interchangeable 19.2-volt DieHard rechargeable battery. The Craftsman C3 19.2-volt Impact Driver retails for $74.99 as an add-on tool sold without battery or charger.
- Craftsman 51-piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set: This new mechanics tool set features the Craftsman brand strongest and lowest profile ratchets with a go-thru design on the ratchets and accompanying accessories that eliminates the need for deep sockets. The ratchetsultra-slim design has up to a 35 percent lower profile than conventional designs for better access to fasteners and is also up to 45 percent stronger than the brand most popular ratchet. The Craftsman 51-piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set will be available in May and will retail for $69.99.
Last year Craftsman was ranked as the most trusted Hand Tool brand and Lawn Mower brand in the 2010 Popular Mechanics ReadersChoice Awards. For more information, log on to www.craftsman.com or www.facebook.com/craftsman.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with approximately 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2010 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.