News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Kicks Off Its Father's Day Miniature Golf Classic
- Craftsman Brand & DC Comics Present the Tale of the Technician
- Craftsman Brand Calls For a House United
- Craftsman Make a Difference Tour Assists Communities
- Craftsman Brand Delivers High-Tech Innovation at CES
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
Craftsman: Now the Official Tools of DIY Network
LAS VEGAS, NV (Jan. 21, 2009)
The Official Tools of NASCAR recently became the Official Tools of DIY Network, the go-to media resource for do-it-yourself enthusiasts. Executives from Sears announced the agreement for Craftsman, America's most trusted brand, at the International Builders' Show with representatives of Scripps Networks-owned DIY Network.
The agreement will include the development of a customized show strategy specifically for Craftsman, which has the option to send product to be integrated within DIY Network programming.
"At its core, the Craftsman brand inspires trust," said Erik Rosenstrauch, brand director for Craftsman. "Craftsman has the right tool for the job, regardless of peoples' skill level or the complexity of the project. And what better place to demonstrate the potential that Craftsman enables than the network that DIYers rely on to be inspired?" According to Rosenstrauch, the reciprocal sponsorship agreement is tied to both hand and power tools as well as lawn and garden equipment, and will be communicated via television, radio, online, print ads, direct mail, in-store and product packaging.
"This innovative agreement aligns two highly-trusted brands with a shared commitment to empower and engage do-it-yourself enthusiasts," said Bob Baskerville, DIY Network president. "DIY Network's expertise in home improvement content - coupled with Craftsman's best-of-breed tools - delivers value for everyone from the novice to the most advanced DIYer."
DIY Network is seen in 50 million households and its Web site attracts more than 2.5 million unique visitors each month. The announcement came at the International Builders' Show, where the Craftsman brand showcased several new products, including prototypes of its award-winning NEXTECline.