News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Kicks Off Its Father's Day Miniature Golf Classic
- Craftsman Brand & DC Comics Present the Tale of the Technician
- Craftsman Brand Calls For a House United
- Craftsman Make a Difference Tour Assists Communities
- Craftsman Brand Delivers High-Tech Innovation at CES
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
CRAFTSMAN EXPERIENCE CELEBRATES ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY AS ULTIMATE DO-IT-YOURSELF PLAYGROUND
Hoffman Estates, Ill. (Aug. 31, 2011)
Ty Pennington to host "live" DIY year-in-review on Craftsman Facebook Page
Hoffman Estates, Ill. (Aug. 31, 2011)
Since opening its doors a year ago, the Craftsman Experience has hammered, sawed, drilled, mowed and cut its way into the hearts of DIYers around the world. This one-of-a-kind tool venue has become a must-see stop in its hometown of Chicago and a permanent social media page-mark for any DIYer tackling a home or yard improvement project. The one-year anniversary will be celebrated Thursday, September 1 when Ty Pennington hosts an event at the Craftsman Experience that will be streamed "live" on the Craftsman Facebook page.
"Our goal when creating the Craftsman Experience was to make it a physical and virtual destination for anyone who loves tools and tackling DIY projects,said Kris Malkoski, vice president and general manager of the Craftsman® brand. "Over the past year, the Experience has become a place where our customers can interact with the brand in a way that is unlike anything else in the tool category. It's a place where our innovations and demonstrations come to life and our fans can witness and interact with the brand in real-time, no matter where they are."
Since its inception, the Craftsman Experience has received thousands of visitors to the physical location and featured more than 200 segments via live stream over the Craftsman Facebook page and www.livestream.com. A true social media powerhouse, it is home to events, expert clinics and do-it-yourself demos that are broadcast live every week, giving customers across the country an opportunity to join in on the fun. The Craftsman Experience is also equipped with a radio studio, the site of a number of weekly programs as well as guest appearances by local and national personalities.
A few highlights from the past year include:
- Launched the world first virtual DIY Broadcasting Network, Craftsman World of DIY, with HGTV personality Frank Fontana. "The Down & Dirty" has broadcasted more than 60 podcast and video segments since January.
- Created the ultimate trophy case with a Hall of Fame baseball player
- Partnered Woodworker's Journal and Guitar for Vets to build a guitar for charity, with all proceeds benefiting veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder
- Raced a major league soccer player on Craftsman's Turn Tight™ Tractor
- Hosted the inaugural stop on the stateside tour for Bikes over Baghdad, a troupe of BMX riders who entertain our military overseas with a high-energy stunt show
The Craftsman Experience is also home to SCREW*D: Where Survival Comes Down to the Right Tool. Viewers can watch unhandyman Alan Weischedel, chosen from hundreds of submissions, as he endures a rigorous boot camp and will eventually be dropped in three unbelievable locations -- with only the help of Craftsman tools and online community, to work his way out. Tune in to www.craftsmanscrewd.com for more information.
The one-year anniversary celebration will take place Thursday, September 1 from 6 to 9 p.m. CDT in Chicago at the Craftsman Experience located at 233 W. Huron Street. The event is free and open to the public. Ty Pennington will host the evening which includes DIY challenges with personalities such as Erik Buell, motorcycle racer and President and CEO of Erik Buell Racing, and HGTV host Frank Fontana. If you can't make it to the event, log on to the Craftsman Facebook page to watch live from 7 to 7:30 p.m. CDT. Click here for more information on future activities at the Craftsman Experience. The Craftsman Experience is open weekly from 5 to 8 p.m., Thursday-Saturday and from noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
For more than 80 years, the Craftsman brand has developed innovative products. To learn more about Craftsman's assortment of hand tools, power tools and lawn equipment, visit www.craftsman.com, www.facebook.com/craftsman or one of the many Sears nationwide. The 2011 Harris Poll Equi Trend® study, conducted online by Harris Interactive, awarded Craftsman Brand of the Year in the Power Tool category.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with approximately 4,000 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2011 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.